Chapter forty one: Origins of Mega Evolution!

On the eve of Ash's Kalos gym battle with Korrina, our heroes have finally arrived in Shalour city.

"Thank you for waiting, your Pokemon are just fine." Nurse Joy told the group, handing them their pokeballs from the counter.

"Great, thanks Nurse Joy!" They exclaimed.

"Alright!" Ash laughs, pumped up as Pikachu jumps to his shoulder. "Now we can go challenge Korrina!"

Bonnie giggles. "Wow, Ash. You can't wait, huh?"

"Dede nene!"

"But still, Korrina and Lucario are strong." Clemont explains. "Are you sure you're ready? Maybe you should train more."

"He's right." Sierra agrees. "What about Tierno's rhythmic battle style?"

"Have you mastered that yet?" Serena asks him.

He just smiles confidently. "Hey, I'll be fine. As long as I tackle that battle head on, it'll all work out."

"Whatever you say..."

They all walked outside to get some fresh air and take a look at the new city they were in.

"Wow, it's gorgeous!"

"It sure is!"

They could see a huge tower in the distance from the balcony they were standing at.

"I believe that's the tower of mastery." Sierra says. "The Shalour gym should be inside there."

"Yeah, but how do we get there?" Ash asked. "I don't see a bridge anywhere."

"Oh, yeah.. it looks like it's just floating in the ocean." Bonnie added.

Serena looked at the disappointment in Ash's face. "We can't get over there by walking."

He groans. "Come on.. We came all this way, and we can't get to the gym? That's nuts! I want to have a battle now!"

"Come on, Ash. Don't be a child." Sierra tells him.

They soon hear a voice behind them. "Those who seek power! Show your heart and the path shall reveal itself!"

It was Korrina!

"Hey! Korrina!"

She giggles, turns around and winks. "Just playin'!"

Lucario jumps beside her.

"What a surprise! It's good to see you again!" Serena smiles at them as they walk to them.

"It's good to see you again too! Welcome to Shalour city!"

"You came over here just to meet us?"

"Haha, yep! I figured you'd be showing up soon, so I've been waiting for you. If you're trying to get to the Shalour gym, that means one thing.. You must be fully prepared to challenge me, Ash. That true?"

He pumps his fists. "Of course!"

Serena stops him. "But, you haven't decided on a strategy yet.."

"I've been training hard since I last saw you, and I've beaten every challenger."

They were shocked hearing that. "So that means you've won all your battles? Wow, you're so strong!"

This just gets Ash more pumped up. "Amazing! But soon, I'm going to beat you and mega Lucario AND win my third Kalos gym badge!"

"We've got a problem. Isn't the gym over there?" Clemont asked, pointing toward the tower of mastery. "How are we going to get across?"

Korrina shrugged her shoulders. "Can't do it now, unfortunately."