Chapter forty two: Ash vs Korrina! Showdown at the Shalour gym!

Upon arrival in Shalour city, our heroes reunited with Korrina, the Shalour gym leader, and her Lucario. After several attempts to perfect Tierno's rhythmic battle style in preparation for his gym battle with Korrina, Ash was ultimately unable to contain his excitement. Now, after his decision to challenge the gym as soon as possible, our hero's Shalour gym battle challenge is underway.

Up in the balcony, watching with everyone else, Ash's Froakie pouted, wanting to battle as well.

"You wanted to battle too, didn't you, Froakie?" Serena asked.

"Froakie!"

Ash adjusted his hat. "Froakie, you worked really hard with me on the rhythmic battle style.. I know! Stay right there and cheer me on in rhythm!"

That cheered Froakie up a little bit. But he still wanted to battle.

"Now!" He got a poke ball ready in hand. "Let's get that battle rhythm going!"

"Battle rhythm? A mystery."

"Nothing mysterious about it!" Ash laughed at Korrina's remark. "You saw it!"

She giggles. "That's why it's a mystery."

"Look out, I'm giving it all I've got! And soon, I'll win!"

"Alright, Mr. Confidence, bring it!"

"Wow! It looks like a real rivalry!" Bonnie exclaims.

Korrina throws her poke ball. "Mienfoo, let's do it!"

Serena didn't recognize the Pokemon that emerged from the ball. "Who's that Pokemon?"

"Oh, that's a Mienfoo. It's a fighting type pokemon. Makes sense for a fighting type gym leader." Says Sierra.

"Let's have a great battle, Mienfoo!" Ash smiles.

"Foo!"

"Ash looks like he's having fun already!" Bonnie pointed out.

Clemont looked concerned. "That's true, but I wonder how useful that rhythmic battle style will be."

"Oh... you're worried that Ash can't dance, right?" Serena asks.

He nods. "As soon as Ash saw Korrina, he stopped trying to perfect his rhythmic battle style. From that point on, you could say that Korrina got Ash completely off his game."

Bonnie started to get defensive for Ash. "Stop! Whose side are you on, anyway?"

"Bonnie..." He explains. "The real action in a gym battle begins from the very moment a trainer challenges a gym."

Ash throws his first poke ball. "Hawlucha! I choose you!"

Hawlucha came out and stretched out his wings. "Cha!"

"I knew he'd go with Hawlucha.."

"Good luck to both of you!!" Sierra cheered.

"Froakie Fro!"

Korrina's grandfather interrupted them. "Gym battle... begin!"

"Alright then, Ash! Show me what you got! And don't hold back either!"

He chuckles in response. "Don't disappoint us, Korrina!"

ASH VS KORRINA.

He begins clapping, starting his battle strategy. "Let's get our Shalour gym strategy rolling! One, two! One, two! One, two!"

"Hawlucha's doing it!"

"This going well so far!"

"But.. doesn't Ash need to dance too?" Bonnie asks.