Chapter thirty five: Forging Forest Friendships!

Continuing on their way to Shalour city for Ash's third Kalos gym badge, the group stopped by a huge waterfall in the forest, a day or two after they encountered the mysterious mirror cave. In preparation for his gym battle against Korrina, Ash is training hard with Froakie especially.

Ash was getting some training done by himself with Pikachu and Froakie by his side. The two were having a little training battle together by the water.

"Awesome! Both of you, keep it up!" Ash cheered. "Froakie, use pound! Pikachu, use Iron Tail!"

They both did as Ash said, Froakie's hand and Pikachu's tail collided with one another.

"Great stuff! Just like that!!" He praised.

"Wow, they're really pumped up!"

"Froakie's moving faster than ever!" Sierra comments.

Serena agrees. "They must be really excited about their gym battle with Korrina!"

Ash turns around to face his friends. "Oh yeah! Totally! We'll beat Korrina and get that gym badge! You watch us!"

"Froakie!!"

"Pika chu!"

All of a sudden, a ginormous log falls down from the waterfall they're training at. It was heading for Pikachu's head!

"No!" Ash noticed right away. "Pikachu, look out!!"

Froakie sprung into action, jumping in front of Pikachu, facing the log, then cutting it in half with its hands. The log instantly split in half, colliding with the water below.

"Oh wow!! That was amazing!!" Sierra exclaimed in awe. "What move was that??"

Clemont answers her. "That was cut! What an excellent form Froakie was in!"

Froakie jumped down, it made sure Pikachu was okay and calmed itself.

"Froakie, that's awesome!" Ash said, looking proud. "You learned how to use cut!"

The frog Pokémon didn't even realize what amazing thing it had just done. It looked at its hands in shock while Pikachu thanked it.

"Pika pika!! Pi pi chu!"

"For Kie Kie!"

Serena smiled. "Froakie must've learned that move from trying to help Pikachu out!"

"Of course! Wanting to help Pikachu uncovered more of Froakie's inner potential, as well as it's hidden talents!" Said Clemont.

"Way to go, Froakie!" Sierra added, clapping.

Ash thought for a moment. "You know what? Clemont's exactly right! I remember when we first met Froakie, it jumped in while Team Rocket was trying to steal Pikachu. And he ended up getting hurt in the process.."

But Ash didn't want to think of Froakie getting hurt again, he ran up to the two and high fives them both.

"Thanks for giving Pikachu a hand like that, Froakie. That cut attack was awesome, no doubt!"

Froakie blushed a little at the compliment. "Kie Kie!"

Clemont walks over to them, holding oneof his pokeballs. "Hey, Ash.. a double battle might be an interesting way for you to train with Froakie, don't you think?"

"A double battle? You really think so?"

He nodded and continued. "If Froakie learned a new move from helping Pikachu, then a double battle might result in more experience."

Ash got up on his feet. "Then yeah! That sounds like a great idea to me!"

Clemont turns to his girlfriend. "Would you like to join me in this double battle, Sierra?"