Chapter twenty seven: Lady Korrina's grand appearance!

Continuing on their journey to Shalour city for Ash's next Kalos gym battle, our heroes find themselves walking down a trail outside of their last stop. After a good night's sleep, Ash was feeling pumped. And Serena was enjoying the breathtaking weather.

Serena stretches out her arms. "Aaah, this is such beautiful weather! It feels so nice out!"

"You could say that again!" Ash replied. "It feels so nice out, I wanna get to a good training spot soon!" Then he got a good idea. "Hey, I know! The best thing to do on a day like this is run!"

Clemont did NOT like that idea.

"Let's go, guys!" He said as he took off.

"Ash, what are you doing??" Sierra asked as he had already taken off. But the she shrugged her shoulders and ran after him.

Serena followed her, then Bonnie excitedly ran behind them. Clemont sighed and slowly started running way behind them.

As they kept going, they started hearing the sounds of wheels rolling, like someone was rollerblading. Next, there was a tall, pretty girl that jumped in front of Ash as he was running.

"Hey! I found a trainer!!" She stopped the group in their tracks.

Ash stopped running. "Whoa, who are you?"

"Can we help you with something, miss?" Clemont asked her.

"Number 99!" She beamed. "And that's gonna be you!"

"Number 99? What're you talking about?"

"Piika pika?"

"What do you think??" She asked back. "I'm talking about you and I having a Pokemon battle!"

"So, I'm guessing you're a Pokemon trainer too." Clemont guessed.

She smiled. "Yeah! That's right! Korrina's my name. My partner's over there!" She pointed behind them.

They all turned around to see a Lucario sprinting behind them and jumping to Korrina's side.

"Hey, a Lucario! That looks like a tough opponent, for sure!" Said Ash.

Bonnie gushed, seeing Lucario. "Wow!! Such a cool looking Pokemon!!"

Korrina and Lucario gave each other a high five.

"This is perfect!" She exclaimed. "We're in top form today! So, we're on! We're having a battle, right?"

Ash agreed. "Right! I wanted to do some training before I challenge the Shalour gym anyway!"

Korrina grinned and looked at Lucario.

"Rawr rawr!" (I'm not good at making Pokemon noises lmao I'm sorry)

"Well, what do you know? The Shalour gym, huh? Are you all trainers, too?" She asked the others. "Are you going to challenge the Shalour gym?"

Serena shook her head. "I'm not challenging any gyms on this trip." She giggled. "That's more of Ash's thing."

"But, as far as being trainers, you guessed right." Clemont said with a smile.

Sierra pondered this for a moment. Maybe she should start challenging gyms... for training purposes. It wouldn't be a bad idea.

"Hi there, my name's Serena."

Bonnie waved at her. 'I'm Bonnie! And this is Dedenne! Say hi, Dedenne!"

"Dedede nene!!"

"And this is my brother!" She said, pointing to Clemont.

"Hello there, I'm Clemont. It's nice to meet you." He turns to Sierra. "And this is my girlfriend."