Chapter eleven: Approaching the scary mansion!

Happy early Halloween everyone! 🎃😗

On their way to Cyllage city for Ash's next gym battle, the group were walking on a small trail, but it started raining. They ran to a big house on the side, soon they made it to the porch.

"Oh man.. what a storm.." Ash said trying to get the water off of Pikachu.

"It came up so suddenly."

"It's a good thing we found this mansion."

Bonnie leaned on the front door. "I hate thunder!" She said as thunder and lightning crashed down and scared her. But then she noticed that the doors were cracked open. She opened them and went inside. "Hello? Is anyone home?"

Clemont went after her. "Bonnie! You can't just go in there!"

"Hello!" She called again.

Clemont knocked on the door respectfully.

"Excuse us! Could we stay here until it stops raining?" Sierra called out.

"Is anybody here?" Serena asked.

Someone actually was here, but it wasn't a person. And it was staring at them eerily.

"Hello?? Sorry to bother you! Hm.. it seems totally deserted." Serena pointed out.

"The outside is in pretty bad shape." Said Sierra. "So maybe no one lives here anymore."

"Hey." Bonnie said. "Why don't we stay here for a while?"

"I guess so.." Clemont was a little nervous.

"But this place kinda gives me the creeps.." Serena said in a scared tone, scaring Clemont and Sierra a little.

"Well, it's better than getting wet outside!"
Said Bonnie.

Clemont gave a nervous chuckle and walked to the light. "I guess it feels creepy because we can't see anything." He started rubbing the dust off of the light. "It looks like it still works!"

The lights suddenly came on.

"Ah! That's better!" Bonnie said twirling around happily.

"Sure is! Hey Clemont, thanks!" Ash said looking in his direction.

But Clemont looked around confused and scared out of his wits. "B-but.. I didn't turn them on! They turned on by themselves!"

"If you didn't turn them on.. then.."

"That's kinda weird." Bonnie said.

In a small panic, Clemont ran to the others. "I-it's probably just the sensors!"

"Sensors?"

"Y-Yeah! Motion detectors! That's why the lights came on automatically!" His glasses fogged up to cover his fear. "It maybe be an old house, but it must be equipped with the latest technology!" It was obvious he was scared, he started laughing like everything was fine.

"Yeah, he's right! There's nothing to worry about!" Sierra said, shaking nervously.

Serena placed her hands on her chest. "Or maybe we're inside a haunted mansion.."