Chapter thirty four: The cave of confusing mirrors!

Our heroes were continuing on their way to Shalour city, for Ash's third Kalos gym battle. It had been a few days since they've left Kalos Canyon, and now they've stumbled upon a big cave in front of their path.

Bonnie, Serena, and Sierra were especially excited to run into that cave, and the boys had no idea why the excitement was just pouring from them.

"Is this the cave you were talking about, Serena??" Bonnie asked her excitedly.

"Yup!" She grinned. "That's the one!"

The others caught up with them. Ash and Clemont wanted to know what was so exciting about a cave.

"Is there something out of the ordinary inside?" Clemont asked.

"Yeah." Ash agreed. "Looks like a normal cave to me." He finished, crossing his arms and looking at the entrance with a confused look.

Serena, along with Bonnie and Sierra, ignored his question. They just giggled together.

"We're not saying a thing!" Sierra laughs. "We're just going to have to see for ourselves!" Then, all three of them take off into the cave, leaving the two boys clueless.

They walk in slowly, then speed up a little to catch up with the girls, but they didn't need to. The girls were so in awe of the beautiful cave that they stopped in their tracks. The cave was FULL of gorgeous mirror-like crystals.

"Whoa, what is all this?" Ash asked.

Serena emailed and pointed at the crystals. "Isn't it neat? They call this cave The Reflection Cave!"

"And you can guess why they call it that!" Sierra added, smiling. "It's because the crystals in here resemble mirrors!"

"Oh, wow.."

The girls hurry over to a huge crystal in the wall of the cave, admiring their reflections.

"Incredible.." Clemont observes them closely. "These aren't normal run-in-the-mill crystals.. they're highly reflective surfaces really do act like mirrors!"

"It's great, isn't it?" Sierra giggles, still trying to admire herself and fix her hair up in her reflection. "They're the perfect way to make sure you're looking your very best!"

"Well said!" Serena agrees, getting the wrinkles out of her skirt and fluffing her hair up.

Bonnie giggles. "How do I look??"

The girls laugh and carry on with their talking about their looks. Ash and Clemont just keep looking around for anything different. He spots Ash walking a little farther down the tunnel, and find a small pathway.

"Hey, guys! It keeps going on down here! Let's go take a look!" Then there Ash goes ahead of everyone.

Clemont calls out to him. "Wait! Hold on, Ash! Don't leave us behind!"

The girls heard him and start to follow him with Clemont.

"Ash! Where are you going?" Bonnie yelled.

"You're going to get lost if you don't slow down!"

"They're right, Ash! Get back here!"

Ash didn't hear them yelling for him, he was going too fast and he lost their voices. As he was passing by all of the reflective stones, he passed by one that was... odd. To say the least. After he bolted by it, he stopped.

"Hey, did you see it glow, buddy?"

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded.

He went back to the crystal and looked closer at it, knowing that what they saw was nothing of their imagination.