Chapter twelve: A trainer-Pokemon bonding session

Still on their way to Cyllage city, the group find themselves at late evening in the woods and they stop to rest for the night.

"Hey, why don't we camp out here for the night!" Ash said, knowing that it was getting dark out.

"That sounds like fun!" Bonnie said.

Serena got a little nervous. "C-Camp out?"

"What's the matter? Don't you have your gear?" Clemont asked her.

"Oh Serena.." Sierra facepalmed. "Don't tell me you forgot all your camping gear at the house.."

She giggled. "Well.. you see.. I didn't think we'd actually be camping out, so I didn't pack any of my camping gear.."

Clemont smiled. "Don't worry, I brought a spare sleeping bag, you can use it if you want."

"And you two can sleep with me in my tent!" Bonnie said.

They both smiled. "Aww that's so nice! Thank you!"

"It's no problem!"

They all set up camp and pitch their tents up. Clemont started getting dinner prepared while the others were finishing up their tents. They sent all their pokeballs out for their Pokemon to eat too.

"Alright, everyone!" Clemont called. "Dinner's ready!"

"Awesome!" Ash already headed to the table while the others followed suit, shaking their heads of how much of a glutton Ash is. They all sat down and started eating.

Sierra squealed in delight. "This food is absolutely amazing, Clemont!! I'm loving it!"

"Me too!"

"My big brother was always good at making food, he's great at it!"

Clemont sat down and blushed. "Awww c'mon, you all are embarrassing me! But thank you, it really means a lot!"

Ash was already stuffing his face with the food. "I had no idea you were such a great cook, how do you do it?"

"Oh, it's easy." Clemont said. "Cooking is much like inventing, gather your materials, make a plan, and then go."

Before Serena sat down, she picked up her little macaron basket. "For dessert, I made macarons for us all!"

"Yay!!! I love your macarons!" Bonnie said.

After they finished eating, they started clearing the table and collecting the Pokémon's food bowls. Soon after, Serena put the basket on the table and Clemont grabbed a teapot.

"Alright, let's eat dessert!" Ash said, ready to tear open the basket.

Sierra laughed. "Calm down, Ash."

Clemont opened the basket, but once he opened it, he looked at Serena. "Serena?"

"Yes Clemont?"

"There aren't any macarons in here."

Her eyes widened. "Wait, what????"

They all looked into it and there weren't any of the little desserts in there.

"Oh no... where'd they all go?" Bonnie asked.

"I know I put them all in there this morning!" Serena exclaimed, baffled.

Clemont looked towards the bushes near the tents, there he saw his Pokemon Chespin. It had its back turned and it seemed to be munching on something.

"Huh?! Hey Chespin!! Did you take all of the macarons again???" He called to it. Chespin turned around, holding a macaron in its paw. Its stomach was HUGE from eating all of them. It was about to eat the last one but Clemont ran to it trying to prevent it. He tripped and Chespin ran away, it ran into Ash and Clemont's tent and when it hit the ground, it swallowed the macaron.