Chapter twenty five: The ultimate chance of a lifetime!

This one's pretty long! But all within good reason! Enjoy! ;3 I'm back!!

On their way to Shalour city and Ash's third Kalos gym battle,  our heroes have stopped by a small town. The first thing they see is a huge billboard for an upcoming exhibition battle.

Ash was definitely interested. Since he was always pumped up for battles. "Whoa! Check it out! A huge Pokemon battle's taking place!"

"And it looks like it's right here in town!"

Ash pumped his fists up. "We should definitely go! Watching a great battle will help me train for my next gym battle, for sure!"

Serena looked closer at the board and one of the opponents in the battle. "Huh? Isn't that.."
Her eyes immediately glistened. "It is!! It's Diantha! She's going for her champion's challenge battle today!!"

"Oh wow..."

"That's amazing!"

Sierra interrupted their awning. "That's great and all, but.. who's Diantha?"

"Yeah. Who is she? Is she really famous or something?" Ash asked.

Serena and Bonnie gasped while Clemont's mouth just dropped.

"How in the world can you two not know who Diantha is???" Serena said.

"Yeah! She's only the MOST important trainer ever!!"

Clemont explained. "She's the strongest trainer in all of Kalos. She's the champion."

Ash was astonished. "Really? No kidding!"

Then Sierra noticed a huge board over the town of Diantha, it looked to be a movie poster.

"Oh wow.. is that Diantha?"

"Yep!" Serena gushed. "She also happens to be an amazing movie star!"

"That's her in her lead role of her recent movie, "My sweet sweet lady." Bonnie exclaimed. "I've always wanted to see that movie! But Clemont won't let me see it.."

Clemont blushed. "Bonnie it's a little too old for you. I've told you that before."

Serena continued gushing over Diantha. "I admire her so much.. she happens to be one of my idols!"

"Huh.. you've never mentioned her before, Serena. I've never heard of her, unfortunately." Sierra said.

"That's because it's your first time in Kalos. Don't worry, now you know who she is and you can fangirl over her with me!" She giggled.

Everyone laughed. But what Ash said next stopped their laughter.

"Well! That's it! I'm gonna challenge her!"

"But, Ash-" Serena was trying to explain something to him, but he had already taken off.

"Come on! Let's head to that match! I wanna see just how strong she is!!"

Bonnie took off right after him with Clemont slowly falling behind, but Sierra was with him helping him run. Serena stayed back to talk to her.

"*huff* *huff*"

"It's alright babe, take your time."

He sighed heavily. "You- you don't now how much... I appreciate it... Sierra... you're the best.."

She kissed his cheek. "I know!"

He chuckled. And Serena started talking. "What I was trying to tell Ash... you see, Diantha is taking her champion's challenge today. It means she's chosen a trainer to battle for her title as champion. If that trainer wins, they become champion, but if they lose, Diantha keeps her title and finds another challenger."