Chapter twenty: Cuddle time with Amaura!

Our heroes are continuing their journey throughout the Kalos region. After witnessing a riveting battle between Grant and Viola at the battle chateau, and finding out Grant is the Cyllage city gym leader, Ash knows he has his work cut out for him.

"Alright Froakie, Water pulse!"

It nodded, jumping up and getting ready to launch a water pulse at Fletchling. But Fletchling glided up and used double team to confuse it.

"Ching!" It chirped.

Froakie smirked and threw its water pulse at the real Fletchling, knocking it down.

Ash stopped the battle. "Alright alright! Let's take a break!" He ran to Fletchling and picked it up. "You're double team is getting much better, Fletchling. I'm proud of you."

"Ching!"

"And you too Froakie!"

"Fro Kie Kie!"

Soon Ash heard clapping coming from the outside of the fence. They all turned to see Alexa walking over to them.

"Those Pokemon are sure looking good!"

"Hey! Alexa!"

She smiled. "Good to see you all again! It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Yeah! It has!" Bonnie smiled.

"You all look well! So you girls decided to travel along with Ash as well I see!"

Serena and Sierra giggled together. "Right!"

"And so much has happened since we've made that choice, it's been a blast!" Sierra said.

"I can imagine!"

Helioptile jumped down to play with Pikachu and Dedenne.

"Pika Pika!"

"Lllllloptile!"

Dedenne jumped on Helioptile's head.

Ash turned from them back to Alexa. "So Alexa, What bring's you here, anyway?"

"You saw Viola at the battle chateau, right?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yeah! Everyone knows how strong Viola is. But she still lost to Grant."

A giggle came from Alexa's mouth. "It sure wasn't easy for her. Poor dear. She does not like losing one bit. But then she told me that your next stop is going to be the Cyllage city gym. I needed to come this way to do some research for an article I've been working on. And, I was hoping to bump into you guys!"

"What kind of article have you been working on?" Clemont asked.

"I'm writing about the fossil lab!"

"So, what's the fossil lab?"

Clemont explained. "The fossil lab in Ambrette town is a place where researchers study the fossils of Pokemon from ancient times. Their goal is to learn as much as they can about what Pokemon lived then."

Bonnie sighed. "That sounds complicated."

"Recently, the researchers made a big discovery! And that's what I'm writing about!"

Ash got pretty excited. "A big discovery? I wonder what it is!"

"I know, why not come with me if you'd all like! It'll be fun!" She suggested as Helioptile jumped back up to her shoulder. "And you'll be totally astounded!"

"That'd be great!" Ash agreed.

"Going there would be such a treat, no doubt!" Clemont excitedly agreed.