Chapter thirty nine: Battling into the hall of fame!!

(I AM SO SORRY. This got out later than I had hoped, I'm so sorry! I plan on finishing this book and getting started on the next one by the end of the year, so I hope you all are excited!)

(LO SIENTO MUCHO. Esto salió más tarde de lo que esperaba, ¡lo siento mucho! Planeo terminar este libro y comenzar con el próximo para fin de año, ¡así que espero que todos estén emocionados!)

Professor Sycamore's Pokemon summer camp is beginning its sixth day, and our heroes have been battling Tierno and his friends for entry into the Summer Camp hall of fame.

With a rivalry both friendly and fierce, the two teams are currently tied for the lead. And to break that tie, it's time for the final event. The Team Battle competition.

That morning, the professor lined all of the trainers up by teams outside.

"Good morning, everyone!"

"Good morning, professor!" They all replied with smiles on their faces.

He looks at everyone in the groups. "It's already day six of camp, which means we finally get to decide who gets into the hall of fame! So, get ready for the team battle competition!"

Most of the trainers were getting excited.

"Team battle, huh?" Ash pondered. "I wonder if it'll be double battles, or triple battles."

"Well, since there are teams like us, who have more than 3 trainers, I'd say they'll be double battles, so every trainer will get a chance to compete." Sierra states.

Serena notices everyone else's excitement. "Many of the campers here sure are excited. I shouldn't be surprised, this IS the final event!"

"The team battle competition works like a tournament." Professor Sycamore explains. "As usual, the competing teams that take the top three spots will receive points. We have two teams tied for the lead with thirteen points. Those teams.. are Team Froakie, and Team Squirtle. Now, this is our final camp event, so give it all you've got and have fun!"

Everyone cheered once he finished his speech. Team Froakie and Team Squirtle headed back to one of their cabins to discuss the event.

"Now, a team battle consists of several trainers forming a team and battling using various types of formations. Since there are four trainers on each of our teams, we're going to have to take turns, since not all of us can be in each battle." Clemont explained.

"Today, our team will be made up of three trainers, but it can be a five, or even a seven person team!" Trevor adds.

"Wow, really? So that means we can have four people battling!" Ash says, excited.

Serena looks at them both, highly confused. "It's all just confusing to me. So.. we can all battle at the same time?"

"Have you done this before, Clemont?" Bonnie asks.

"Yeah, it sounds like you know a lot about team battles." Sierra adds.

"Haha, yeah I do.. but unfortunately, I've never had the chance before." He chuckles. "But, it sounds like you guys have, am I correct?"

Calem laughs. "Yeah, you're right."

"That's for sure!" Shauna grins. "It usually happens whenever a lot of trainers get together!"

"Mm hmm, she's correct." Trevor comes around and sits down next to his team members. "The next thing we usually do is have a strategy meeting. It's fun to compare the personalities and skills of Pokemon while we decide on our formation. You can come up with amazing battle-combo moves, too!"