Chapter ten: Mega Meowth's attack!

The next morning, after everyone left Meyer's house. They headed for Professor Sycamore's Pokemon lab next before they left the city.

"Hey! I have an idea!" Said Serena. "Since we're already visiting the city, why don't we visit the professor as well, before we leave?"

"That's a great idea, Serena!" Ash said.

Serena then took a small basket from her bag and opened it up. "Ta da! Look here, I baked some macarons last night for us!"

Everyone basically drooled over them.

"Oh man Serena.." Sierra stared at the sweets. "You know those are my favorite!"

"Yes yes I know!" She laughed. "But we should share them with the professor, don't you agree?"

They all nodded.

"Oh boy! I can hardly wait!" Bonnie exclaimed, jumping up and down in joy.

Soon the group made it to Professor Sycamore's lab and opened the door. The professor greeted them and they came to the lounge and sat down.

"So you're all traveling together, huh? That sounds like fun to me!"

"Oh! Professor! Look!" Serena opened her basket and handed him a macaron. "I baked delicious macarons last night! Want one?"

He smiled. "Ah such a sweet smell!"

His assistant got up from her chair and picked one up. "Mind if I have one?"

"Oh, of course!"

She smiled. "Why don't we all have a little tea break?"

"Sounds good!" Sierra said, clapping her hands together.

The professor headed out the door. "Sorry everyone but I have a little work to do, so I'll have mine a little bit later."

"That's okay, professor. We know you need to work, we'll be here waiting for you." His assistant said to him as she poured some tea into tea cups.

He walked out the door with a smile. "I'll be right back."

Everyone sat down on the couch and Serena looked down at the table, about to take her basket. "Alright, everyone dig in!"

But they noticed that her basket was gone.

"Where are the macarons?" Clemont asked.

"Huh.. they were here a minute ago.." Ash said looking around the room.

Everyone looked all around them but they didn't see the basket anywhere. The professor's assistant sharply turned to see a small figure behind a potted plant munching on something. She snuck up on it and spooked it from behind. "So it was you, Chespin! sneaking around again I see?"

The Chespin turned around and nervously grinned at her, looking embarrassed.

"Ah, So that's Chespin, huh?" Ash said, crouching down to look at it.

"Remember Ash, I have a Chespin." Sierra commented. "Looks just like this little cutie!"

"Oh, yeah! I remember!"

Pikachu walked over to Chespin and tried to talk it into giving the macarons back. But Chespin clutched the basket to it and refused, then it saw Clemont beside it reaching his hand out to it.

"If you wanted macarons, you could've asked, we would've given you one." He smiled. "C'mon now.. why don't you share-"

In fear that he was going to take the basket away, Chespin sharpened the spikes on its head and pricked Clemont's hand with it.