Chapter thirty one: the incredible bonds of evolution!

After taking a long rest at the top of the mountain, our heroes wake up the next morning feeling energized. After Serena woke up, she checked on Sierra, who was still asleep.

"Hey, sis? You up?" She asked, nudging her to wake her up. "Wake up, Sierra."

"Mmmm..." She groaned, finally waking up. "Serena.. *yawn* wh-what's wrong?"

"I was wondering if you were feeling better. Y'know, your leg? From yesterday? Is it feeling good?"

Sierra snapped out of her sleepy daze and pulled herself out of the sleeping bag, looking at her bruised leg.

"Yikes... it took a nasty blow, didn't it? Can you move it at all?"

She tried wiggling her leg around, it didn't seem to hurt as bad as it did from the evening before. She put some pressure on it and flinched.

"It's.. still hurting. But I think I can still walk."

"Are you sure?" Serena asked. "I don't want you to hurt yourself, Sierra."

"Yeah. I think so. And I'm not going to, I promise." She stood up from the tent, walking out and admiring the sunshine. Heliolisk came out behind her and nuzzled her legs.

"Lisk Lisk?"

She looked down at her Pokemon and picked it up. "I'm doing just fine, Heliolisk. Thanks for staying by my side."

"Heli Heli!" It licked her cheek affectionately.

"Heehee! Heliolisk!" She giggled.

Everyone else soon emerged from their tents and fully woke up. Ash and Clemont stretched their arms while Serena was still in the girls' tent trying to wake Bonnie and Korrina up.

"Morning, boys!" Sierra joyfully called out to them.

"Hey, morning Sierra! How's your leg feeling?" Ash asked her. "Doing any better?"

"It's better. Still hurts a little, but I can walk again."

Clemont walked up to her, kissing her cheek. "Good morning, beautiful~"

Sierra began giggling, blushing. "Morning, handsome~"

"Alright alright, you two lovebirds.. I'm ready for breakfast!" Korrina said, coming out of the tent and rubbing her eyes.

Clemont blushed a little. "Ahaha. Right! I'll get that started right away!"

Sierra saw how flustered he was and giggled at him, then proceeded to help him with breakfast while everyone else got dressed. Everyone threw their Pokemon out to let their Pokemon eat their breakfast. Once Clemont finished breakfast, he and Sierra went to their tents to change out of their pajamas. When they got back, everyone had already finished their breakfast!

"Um...." Sierra crossed her arms and stared at the group. "Couldn't you guys have waited for us before you started eating? We were gone for like, how long, Clemont?" She turned to him.

"For about 3 minutes." He said, eyeing Bonnie, who knew she'd get in trouble for being rude.

"Yeah! And you guys didn't wait for us??"

Korrina nervously laughed. "Sorry guys, my excuse is that I'm too excited to get to the top of pumious mountain.. I just had to hurry and be ready for the road ahead!"

Lucario backed her up. "Rawr rawr!"

Ash, Serena, and Bonnie also apologized, but didn't have good enough excuses, they just got impatient and hungry. Rolling their eyes, the couple sat down and began eating, while doing so, Korrina continued to express her excitement.