Chapter seven: It's racing time!

The next morning, the group got up from bed and headed to the track for the Rhyhorn race to start.

"Folks, welcome to the Rhyhorn race's final day! The day when any racer can join in!"

Bonnie cheered for Ash from the sidelines. "Yay Ash!! You're gonna win!"

He waved at the group. "Hey! Thanks! I'll do my best for sure!" He put his hand on Rhyhorn's head. "You heard her, Rhyhorn!"

"Rhy Rhy horn!"

"Get set!" The announcer said. "And.... GO!"

They threw down the flag and all the racers' Rhyhorn stampeded from the starting line, but Ash's Rhyhorn was having trouble starting up, soon it was running rapidly right behind the other racers.

"Heh.. that's not a good start.." Bonnie said.

"I hope he's okay.." Sierra said clutching her fist to her chest.

As Rhyhorn was catching up to the other Rhyhorn, Ash held onto the harness. "Alright! Now it's time to jump and take the lead!!"

Rhyhorn dashed through and just about caught up to the others, but something was going on just up ahead.

"The Rhyhorn'll be here any minute!" A small cat Pokemon said.

"Time to launch our plan!" A female with big red hair said.

"Okay!" A man with blue hair exclaimed. "Are you ready Inkay?"

Inkay, a little squid Pokemon, nodded its head and floated over to one of the race's cameras. It squirted ink into the lens and it was completely black. From the screen at the starting line, it went out. And the group saw this.

"What happened?" Serena asked.

"It must be a technical glitch." Clemont said.

One by one, Inkay squirt ink on all 4 cameras and all the screens went out, so no one could see what was going on in the track.

"Uh oh.." said the announcer. "Looks like we lost our live feed! Something must've happened on the course! But what?"

"Poor Ash.."

Clemont got up from his seat. "We need to go investigate, he might be in trouble."

They all rose up and ran out of the bleachers, and they started heading for the forest where the course continued.

But back with Ash, he and Rhyhorn were still racing down the track just fine. But he noticed that they didn't see any of the other Rhyhorn or racers. "Huh.. that's weird.. where are the other Rhyhorn?"

But while they were still running, a giant net came out from ahead and captured Ash inside of it, he fell off of Rhyhorn and hit the ground, struggling in the net. Rhyhorn was still running, but something stood in its way and a forcefield of some kind trapped both it and Pikachu inside. It transformed into a big cage.

Ash managed to get up, he saw the Pokemon trapped. "Pikachu! Rhyhorn!" He looked at the net. "What's going on here?" He looked around and in the bushes, he saw the other racers, also trapped in nets and knocked out cold.

"Oh no! What happened?!"

A voice appeared before him. "Haha! Mission accomplished!"

"Huh?" He turned and saw some familiar faces. "Team Rocket!! You're always trying to mess everything up aren't you?"

"Ha! We win, and you lose, twerp.." The man, named James said, holding out a device, which he swiped and commanded the cage to move and connect to even more cages, with everyone else's Rhyhorn in them.