Chapter twenty three: A battle by any other name!

On their way to Shalour city for Ash's third gym battle, the group decided to sit down for a little break. The girls were giving their Pokemon some treats while the boys and Bonnie were playing around with Pikachu and Chespin.

"Here we are!" Serena exclaimed, holding a basket of poke puffs. "They're all ready, everyone!"

"Fenne fennekin!"

"Pin!"

"Oshawott!"

"Rita!"

"Loptile!"

Sierra smelled the heavenly scent that was Serena's like puffs. "They smell amazing, Serena. You're a wonderful baker."

"Awww thanks, Sierra!" She smiled, then opened the basket. The Pokemon basically drooled for them.

Then Ash and the others came by, since they smelled how wonderful the poke puffs were.

"Wow.." Ash said, taking a look at them.

"These are traditional Pokemon treats. They're called Poke puffs!" Serena told him.

He was quite interested, wanting to try one. "Poke puffs, huh?"

"Piiika Pika!"

"Do you want one, Pikachu?" Asked Serena with a big smile."

"Pika! Chu!"

Serena grabbed one from the basket and handed it to Pikachu, then to Fennekin, Oshawott, Gothorita, Chespin, And Helioptile. "Here you go, eat up everyone!"

They all happily ate them, and all chirped in delight. They absolutely LOVED them.

Ash was totally curious at this point. "People can eat them too, right?" He asked before grabbing one from the basket.

"A-Ash.." Sierra laughed.

But then Ash grew silent after taking a bite.

"H-huh?"

"Ash, what's the matter?" Clemont asked, while he and Bonnie were walking to them.

Ash instantly beamed in delight. "THEY'RE AWESOME! That's the yummiest thing I've ever eaten in my life!"

Serena sighed in relief. "PLEASE don't scare me like that again."

Sierra giggles. "Yeah, really."

Dedenne was itching to have one too, he gets Bonnie's attention.

"Hm? Oh! Hey Ash.. Can Dedenne have one?" Bonnie asked.

"Oh sure!" He was about to give one to her, but it began floating in midair! It hovered over to a big pink Pokemon in the bushes. Then, it proceeded to eat it. Then it used its psychic powers to take the other poke puff that Ash was holding.

"Hey! Wait!"

It ate it.

"Hey! I was gonna eat that! Who is that Pokemon anyway??"

"It's a Slurpuff." Clemont explained. "It's a Pokemon that's rather fond of sweets."

Suddenly, a blue haired girl walked behind Slurpuff. "You see, Slurpuff thinks your poke puffs tasted decent enough."

Serena frowned. "What's is THAT supposed to mean?" She asked. "Who are you?"

The girl walked closer to them. "I'm Miette. And this, is my partner, Slurpuff."

"Slurpuff puff!"

Ash smiled. "My name is Ash! This is my partner, Pikachu!"

"Pika! Pikachu!"