Chapter twenty one: A long awaited, wall climbing gym battle

The gang finally arrived in Cyllage city, after it had seemed like a long time, they arrived at night. They spent the night at the Pokemon center. Ash was extremely excited, the time's come for this gym battle with Grant. He was more than ready and got up early that morning.

"Morning, guys! Are you all ready for my battle against Grant??" He said after knocking on the girls' bedroom door.

There was no answer.

"You guys awake?" He knocked again.

He opened the door and saw Serena and Bonnie still in bed. Sierra's bed was empty.

"Hey girls! Wake up! It's time!"

Serena and Bonnie woke up and rubbed their eyes. Dedenne let out a yawn.

"Alright, Ash.. we're up.." Serena rose up, yawning. "Sierra, time to-" she noticed Sierra was already out of bed. "That's weird.."

"What's weird?" Ash asked.

"She's.. not here. She NEVER gets up early, for anything."

Clemont walked in the room rubbing his eyes. "So he woke you all up too?" He chuckled.

"Hey Clemont! Feeling a little better?" Serena asked him.

He nodded and smiled. "After a little rest, I feel better than ever!"

Bonnie got up. "Big brother! Where's Sierra? Is she with you?"

He got confused and looked around the room. "N-no. She's not with me, I haven't seen her this morning yet. Where is she?"

They all started to get worried.

Soon the bedroom door opened and Sierra came inside. Her face seemed to be puffed out, like she's been crying or something.

"Sierra! There you are!" Ash went over and hugged her. "Where were you?"

"Oh.. uh.. I got up a little early.. and decided to go get some fresh air. I'm feeling good today." She lied.

Clemont smiled. "You look so beautiful today, Sierra. But.. you look like you've been crying, are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

"Oh- y-yes! I'm fine!" She wiped her face with her sleeve. "I- j-just got splashed with a little bit of water. I'm okay, Clem." She went over and kissed his cheek. "Let's get ready and head to the gym."

Everyone was relieved and started getting ready. Serena wasn't buying Sierra's excuse. Her? Fresh air? Serena didn't think so.

While Serena was brushing her hair and Sierra was helping Bonnie with her hair, Serena brought it up. "Hey Sierra, are you feeling alright today?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." She answered, brushing Bonnie's hair.

"Are you sure? You looked upset when you came in today."

She had to fake a smile. "Serena, I'm alright. Really! I'm just, a little tired, that's why I needed some fresh air earlier. Come on, let's get ready."

Serena was still a bit concerned. They all finished getting dressed and headed over to the Cyllage gym. It was HUGE. On a big cliff on the edge of the city. It kind of took a while for them all to climb all the way up there.

They walked in, the entrance was pitch black, the other side awaited the battle area. Ash excitedly ran to the other side of the tunnel and opened the door. They saw a tall, beautiful cliff in front of them.

"So this is the Cyllage gym..."

"Ohh.. Wow.." Ash was in awe. "I'm betting that's where we have to go to have our match!"
Then he saw Grant, climbing up the rock wall. "Hey! Grant! It's Ash! I'm here to challenge you! Are you ready?"