Chapter eighteen: Going for the golden Magikarp!

Still on their way to Cyllage City for Ash's second Kalos region gym badge, the group headed to a nearby town next to a beautiful beach.

Serena kept running until she was at the top of the hill. "We'll be able to see it from the top of the hill! Hurry up!"

They got to the top of the hill and saw the town below in awe. Serena took a deep breath.

"Mmm.. smell the ocean~ it feels so nice~"
She pulled out her tablet. "It says how beautiful Ambrette town is."

Bonnie pulled up her pouch where Dedenne was sitting. "See that? That's the ocean Dedenne! Wanna go there?"

"Dede nenene!"

They all ran down to the beach and took their shoes off. Bonnie immediately ran to the water with Dedenne and Pikachu. Ash, Serena, Sierra, and Clemont sat by the ocean in the sand and kicked back to relax.

"Y'know what? This would be a good place to train!" Ash said, looking towards the water.

"Hey wait! There's actually a place I want to go first!" Sierra said. "Hey, Serena? Can I borrow your tablet?"

"Of course." She handed it to her. Sierra scrolled through it and then showed it to them. "Ta-da! It's the Ambrette aquarium!"

This got Bonnie really excited. "Aquarium? I wanna go! I wanna go!"

"Great idea Sierra! The aquarium has got all kinds of water type Pokemon from all the different regions!" Clemont said agreeing.

"Hey, it sounds like fun. I guess some training can wait. I'd like to go too." Said Ash, agreeing.

Sierra put an arm around Clemont while he blushed. "Then it's settled! Let's go to the aquarium! It'd be a nice date spot, wouldn't you think so, dear?"

"Y-Yeah. It would be, sweetie." He said, blushing and stammering.

After they gathered their things, they went to the Ambrette aquarium, once they came in, they were absolutely stunned by how beautiful the place was, it was full of all kinds of water type Pokemon.

They saw many Pokemon, like Gorebyss, Huntail, Clamperl, Basculin, Alomomola, Wooper, and Goldeen. They came across a tank full of Lanturn. Sierra gasped in awe.

"Ohh.. Lanturn are my third favorite Pokemon ever. I've always wanted to see a group of them up close like this. They're absolutely gorgeous." She gushed, holding Clemont's hand.

"Yes, they're beautiful, Sierra. Just like you."

"Awww Clemont.. *blush* You're too sweet.."

After a little while of admiring the water Pokemon, they came to an exhibit outside, where they were showing off the Pokemon Piplup.

"And now, here's a group of Piplup out for a little stroll." A woman said on the speaker.

One of the Piplup strolled over to the group and Bonnie shook its little flipper.

"What a cutie pie!"

"Awww!"

Then Serena pointed the other direction. "Whoops! Wrong way little guy!"

As the Piplup took off the other direction, Ash smiled. "Piplup sure are friendly, Pikachu and I know a Piplup that's really something else!"

"Pikachu Pi!"

As they continued, they came across a Magikarp exhibit. One was splashing around in the water a little too much, and splashed at Serena.

"Ah! My hair!" She yelped, shaking the water away. "Aw Magikarp! That wasn't nice!"