Chapter thirty six: Time for summer camp and new friendships to form!

Last time, our heroes received an invite from Professor Sycamore to his yearly summer camp. Excited as ever, our heroes head straight for the site after they rest at the Pokemon center.

Once they saw the campsite, which was located near a gorgeous blue beach, they got even more excited.

The camp was located nearby a towering cliff, it was full of beautiful cabins, a dining hall, an event podium, battle arenas, and much much more!

Ash was the first one to see as he was the fastest. "Wow! There it is!"

"What are we waiting for??" Sierra exclaimed excitedly. "Come on!"

They reached downhill from where they were coming, once they made it to the bottom, they couldn't take their eyes off the glittering water below them.

"The beach is so gorgeous~!" Serena smiled.

"It sure is! Now would be an awesome time to take a swim.." Ash agreed, chuckling.

Clemont took a deep breath and sighed, smiling. "Ah~ I just love the smell of the ocean air. It's a beautiful sight, don't you think?"

Sierra smiled and held his hand. "Absolutely, the ocean is one of my favorite places to be. Especially... with you~"

*BLUSH*

Ash laughed, then looked around, he saw the professor and his assistant standing on the docks near the dining hall waving at them.

"Hey! Professor Sycamore!"

He waved to them. "Hello, Ash! Hello everyone! Welcome!"

Serena and the others noticed him and waved happily to him.

"Hi professor!"

"Long time, no see!"

"We appreciate you inviting us here!"

They ran up the stairs and met the two at the dock. Then, the professor explained to them that they were actually the first campers to arrive. Afterwards, Ash began telling the professor all about their experience with Korrina and mega Lucario.

The professor was both astonished and excited at the same time. "Oh, what a marvelous experience! You all have actually met Mega Lucario??"

Ash nodded. "Mega evolution is the best! Everything powers up the strength of the moves, it's awesome how strong they became!"

The professor smiled at this. "Marvelous! I wish I could've been there with you all to witness such a rare occurrence! So, Ash.. I guess you'll be battling Korrina and her powerful Mega Lucario, correct?"

"You bet! The stronger my opponent is, the more fired up I get! I am more than pumped to battle against Korrina and Lucario! I'm gonna win that gym badge, for sure!"

"Pikachu!"

He chuckled. "Well, that's good to hear! I hope your stay here will be both useful, and marvelous at the same time! You all will enjoy it, much guaranteed!"

"Awesome! We'll be looking forward to it!" Sierra smiled.

Afterwards, the professor's assistant guided them to the cabin where they'd be staying at for the next few days.

"And this is your cabin. Everyone here will be split into teams, and as you can see, your team is called Team Froakie!" She smiled as she pointed to the sign with a picture of a Froakie on it.

"Team Froakie? Huh, that sounds great!"

"Pikachu!"

Sierra laughed. "Since you have Froakie as a partner, it certainly fits you!"