18

*Jovani's POV*

I got home and unlocked my front door. As soon as I entered my house, I found myself face to face with my dad. Shit!

"Where have you been?" Dad asked, as he stood up and folded his arms.

"I went round to y/n's place." I replied, trying to play it cool.

"Why were you there?" He asked.

"I wanted to talk to Julian, you know, before the baby comes." I said.

"About what?" He asked. I sighed.

"The future of 99goonsquad. Our lives are changing. He has a kid on the way, I'm getting busy with job opportunities. We've decided to split apart. No more sharing money. He can't ask me to lend him money so he can support his kid and I can't ask him for money so I can fly to California for work." I said.

"You should've just stayed away from him. And y/n." He said. I sighed.

"What is so bad about y/n and Julian having a baby? You should be happy! This is a blessing! They've gone through so much terrible shit, they've finally been blessed and you're just raining on their parade!" I yelled. He shook his head.

"I'm not doing it because I'm not happy about the whole pregnancy. I'm doing it because it isn't safe for the baby." He said. I groaned.

"Dad, I've seen the way they are around each other. They're going to be great parents. You can't take that baby away. You don't understand how much it's going to hurt them. You don't want to see your own son in pain, do you?" I asked. He sighed.

"Jovani, I know that they're going to be great parents. I don't want to take the baby away, I just think that it's what's best for the boy. Julian and y/n have been surrounded by dangerous people all their lives, I don't want anything to happen to the baby." He said.

"Just trust them! The boy will be fine, I promise you. They've taken care of each other for years!" I said.

"And look where that got them! Julian would easily wriggle himself away so he could go to those Quads or whatever and y/n was always getting kidnapped. It's better than having that kid being put in a home, isn't it?" He asked. I sighed.

"I know you mean well, but just give them a chance. That's all they want." I said, before coming upstairs and into my bedroom.

*Your POV*

I woke up to a smiling Julian. I leaned up and pecked his lips. He cuffed my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"You're so beautiful." Julian whispered. I blushed. He got out of bed and I gave him a weird look.

"Why are you wearing that?" I asked. He was wearing a burgundy button up Polo Ralph Lauren shirt, black jeans and his Yeezys. He had his hair styles perfectly and he looked hot as hell.

"Because, I have a surprise for you. Now, get ready." He replied. I pouted like a baby.

"Do I have to get all dressed up?" I asked. He chuckled.

"No, as long as you're comfortable, I'm happy." He said. I smiled and got out of bed.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I got changed into a pair of black leggings, a loose white shirt, a light grey sweatshirt and a pair of black ankle socks.

I brushed out my hair and straightened it, I didn't apply any makeup. I turned to look at Julian, who was grinning from ear to ear.

"You look beautiful." He said. I blushed for the second time that morning.

"What's this surprise?" I asked.

"It's waiting in the living room." He said, wrapping an arm around my waist. We both went downstairs. Out of nowhere, people started bursting out of the different rooms.

Jovani, Jennishka, Geo, Jonas, Cat, Mario, Mark, Jacob, Zach, Ariel, Arii, Weston, Austyn, Case, Tyler, Bryce, Mikey, Andrea, Ryan, Gloria and Julio. Even Julian's aunt, Maria, showed up. I greeted all of them and sat down.

"What are all of you doing here?" I asked.

"Ever since we found out you were pregnant, we were planning this baby shower. You know, before the baby is born." Ariel said.

I was bombarded with flowers, baby clothes, toys, pillows, all kinds of things! It was so amazing to catch up with everyone and just to have a great time.

It was time for everyone to leave, and soon it was just Julian and I. Well, that's what we thought. Julio came into the room and sat down opposite us.

"Oh, Dad, I thought you went home with Mom." Julian said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Actually, I was waiting for her to leave. Because I want to talk to both of you." Julio said. I took a deep breath.

"We know that you want to take the baby so you really don't have to waste your time." I said.

"That's what I wanted to talk about. I've been unfair to the both of you. Not because I said I'd take the baby, but because I never told you the entire truth." Julio said.

Julian and I exchanged confused glances. What could Julio be talking about?

"Dad, what do you mean?" Julian asked.

"I never wanted to take the baby away. It was never my intention to make the both of you unhappy." Julio said.

"But if you never wanted to take him away, why did you make it seem so definite?" I asked.

"Because I want the best for that baby. I know it would break your hearts if he had to live with me, but I was so busy worrying about the baby's wellbeing that I actually forgot about how my son and daughter in law must be feeling." Julio said.

I smiled inside. He didn't refer to me as Julian's girlfriend. He referred to me as his daughter in law. That really made my day.

"So, does this mean that we're going to keep our son?" Julian asked.

"Not exactly. I thought about the whole thing last night. You can live with the baby. You don't need to prove anything to me because I know you're going to be great parents. But, if anything weird or unsafe is going on, I'll take care of him for you." Julio said.

Julian was just sitting on the couch, he was stunned. I got up and gave Julio a hug. I didn't want to let go, I was just so relieved and thankful that he came to the conclusion that we can keep the baby. I eventually pulled away.

"Thank you so much, you don't understand how much this means to us." I said, smiling. Julio smiled back at me.

"I'm happy that I'm of any help. Gloria keeps calling me, take care." Julio said. We said goodbye to him and went up to the bedroom to get ready for bed.

Julian was drifting off to sleep. I just couldn't shut my eyes, no matter how hard I tried! I began to hyperventilate and I just kept worrying about it all.

"Y/n, why are you breathing so heavily?" Julian asked, gently rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry, Julian. I know you were sleeping, I just got so caught up in my own issues that I completely forgot that I wasn't supposed to wake you up." I said.

"Ssh. Calm down. Just tell me, what are these issues?" Julian asked. I sighed.

"I'm scared about the baby. I've never had a kid before, I don't know what I'm going to be like as a mother. I don't even care if I died during the labour, I just don't want anything to happen to that baby. Our baby." I said.

"Don't say that, you make me worry. I promise you, the baby will be fine. You don't need to worry about anything." He said. I sighed.

"I hope you're right, Julian." I said. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"I'm always right." He said.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for 235 views on this new story! I've decided to try something new with this book, in my previous books, the parts were short. This time, I'm making them long and worth while reading. I hope you enjoyed this part! Love you ❤️