27

*Still Julian's POV*

I walked over to the front door and opened it. There stood my mom, dad, Ryan, Jovani and Andrea. I greeted them all and let them in. We all sat down in the living room.

"Where's y/n? And Ethan?" Andrea asked.

"They're both upstairs. Ethan's asleep and y/n doesn't want to unsettle him but they'll be down soon." I said.

"Is Ethan healthy? Is anything wrong with him?" Jovani asked.

"He's absolutely fine. I couldn't be any happier." I said. They all smiled at me.

I heard footsteps. I turned around and saw y/n coming down the stairs with Ethan in her arms. I smiled as she sat down next to me.

Everybody greeted her and they all began to talk. It seemed perfect. It was like we were all one big, dysfunctional, happy family.

"Let's go into the other room." Andrea said to y/n and Mom. They both nodded and y/n took Ethan with them.

*Your POV*

Gloria, Andrea, Ethan and I went into another room and sat down. I handed Ethan to Andrea because she hadn't held him yet.

"Y/n, are you ok?" Gloria asked. I burst into tears. Gloria wrapped her arm around me.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Andrea asked, as she rocked Ethan, gently.

"I've been lying to Julian." I said, in between sobs. I told them everything. It felt good that I'd got it out, but I still hadn't told Julian.

"Whatever you do, just, please, don't tell anyone. I don't want to upset Julian anymore than I know that I will." I said. They both nodded.

"Am I a bad person?" I asked, as I wiped my tears away.

"No, of course not! You have every reason not to tell him, you didn't know how to. And it shows that you care about him because you didn't want him to be upset so soon." Gloria said. I nodded.

"Now, stop crying. This little guy wouldn't want you to be upset." Andrea said, holding Ethan in front of me. I laughed.

"Speaking of Ethan, I need to get his bottle from the kitchen." I said, getting up.

I went to the kitchen and got a bottle ready. I felt two big arms wrap around my waist. I smiled as Julian's chest brushed against my back. He kissed my cheek.

"Hey, baby." Julian whispered. He spun me around and gave me a weird look.

"Are you ok?" He asked. Oh god.

"Yes. I'm fine." I said, as I screwed the top of Ethan's bottle onto the bottom.

"Y/n, I know you really well. I know you're lying to me and you look like you've been crying." He said. I sighed.

"I'll be honest, I'm not ok, but I know you're having a good time with your dad, Jovani and Ryan. I don't want to ruin that. Can I just tell you once they've all left?" I asked. He slowly nodded.

"As long as you're ok. You're my number one priority, remember?" He said. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, after your family, career and future." I said. He chuckled.

"Joke's on you. You're the first one and the third one already." He said. I smiled. That really touched my heart.

"Thanks, Julian. That really means a lot to me." I said. He smiled.

"Now, you get back in there and feed Ethan before he starts screaming." He said. I nodded.

I took the bottle and went back into the room. Andrea handed Ethan to me and I placed the bottle in his mouth. He began to drink.

"Did you tell Julian?" Gloria asked.

"No. I did bump into him in the kitchen, though. He knew I was upset, but I just told him that I'd tell him once everyone else was gone." I said. They both nodded.

"That's what we were both hoping you'd do. You need to talk this out in private, it's too important to do in front of everyone." Andrea said.

We spoke for a while. Ethan spat some milk out so I had to burp him and clean him up. I also had to change his diaper because he had a little accident.

Eventually, they all had to leave. Julian and I said goodbye to all of them. Once we both saw them drive away, we shut the front door and went into the living room. I cradled Ethan in my arms.

"So, what was that thing you wanted to tell me?" Julian asked, as he wrapped his arm around me. I slowly took a very deep breath. I tried to hold it together, but I burst into tears.

"Oh my god! Y/n, what's wrong?" He asked, as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

"It's Ethan. The day he was born, a nurse came to me whilst you went to look at Ethan. They had ran some tests on him. Julian, he's ill. He has to go in for surgery in a week if we want him to be safe and there's only a 30% chance that he'll survive from the surgery." I said, as the tears carried on flowing down my cheeks.

"Y/n, why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked, as he wiped my tears away.

"I was scared. You were so happy and I knew you'd be devastated. I wanted you to at least have one good moment. I'm sorry, I know I should've told you and I know I'm a bad person for keeping that from you, but I just didn't know what to do." I said. He rubbed my arm.

"It's ok, y/n. I understand, and I'm not mad. I'm just in shock. You're a good person. You didn't tell me the worst news in the world because you didn't want to affect my happiness. Not many people have that quality." He said.

I cracked a smile. We both looked down at Ethan, who was sound asleep. We exchanged glances of happiness.

"Even if the worst is to happen, at least I know that for one moment, I did have the best family. We're going to get through this together, as our tiny, little family." He said. He cuffed my cheek and pecked my lips.

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this part! Love you ❤️