71

*Still Your POV*

I went to the bathroom to brush my hair and wash my face. I went back to the bedroom to change into a pair of black leggings, a white
T-Shirt, a blue sweater and a pair of sneakers.

I brushed my hair out and put it up into a high ponytail. I put in some diamond studs and I applied a simple, natural makeup look. I went downstairs and into the living room.

Julian was sitting on the couch wearing a pair of blue jeans, a black T-Shirt, a white jacket and some sneakers. He had his hair styled as he would usually have it.

"Ready to go?" Julian asked, standing up.

"Yes." I said.

I took his hand and we went out to the car. We both got in and Julian began to drive. As he was driving, I could notice that he was shaking a little. I placed my hand on his.

"Julian, don't stress." I said. He sighed.

"I'm just worried. Once I stop working for her, I'm going to have to spend ages looking for a new job and then I won't get to spend any time with you, Ethan or the new baby." Julian said.

"Babe, it's going to be ok. Malu is a bitch, she should've expected this to happen, eventually." I said. He slowly nodded and continued to drive.

***

After around a half hour of driving, we finally arrived at BPN Records. Julian and I both got out of the car and walked into the building, hand in hand. We went to the reception and up to the front desk.

"Mr. Jara! It's so good to see you again! This must be your beautiful wife, y/n!" The receptionist said. I smiled at her.

"Hey, Jackie. She's actually my girlfriend." Julian said, chuckling.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my bad. It's lovely to meet you, y/n." Jackie said.

"It's lovely to meet you, too, Jackie." I said. She smiled at me.

"Oh, and, congratulations on the baby! When is it due?" Jackie asked.

"About 2 more weeks." Julian said. Jackie smiled at us.

"Well, good luck to the both of you!" Jackie said.

"Thank you." I replied. Julian's smile faded a little.

"So, Jackie, can we go up to Malu's office or is she busy?" Julian asked.

"You can go straight up. Her manager said that he needs to speak to you about something. Whatever it is, good luck." Jackie said.

"I'm going to need it." Julian said.

Julian took my hand and we began to walk to the elevator. As we got in, I caught sight of Jackie. She smiled and waved at me. I smiled and waved back.

"Jackie's really nice." I said, trying to take Julian's mind off of things.

"She's awesome. Whenever we're both on break, she fills me in on everything that's been going on. She's great for advice, too." Julian said. I smiled at him.

"Hey, don't worry. It's going to be fine." I said, kissing his cheek.

"I hope so." Julian said.

You could tell he was nervous. I was beginning to get a little scared myself. All we can do now is just wait and see what happens. Hopefully, it all goes well.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. We were now on Malu's floor. We held hands and walked down the corridor, stopping outside a door. It had a small sign on it, reading:

"Malu Trevejo"

"Well, here goes nothing." Julian said, before knocking on the door. It opened and we were face to face with a tall man.

"Julian, so glad you could make it. Who's this?" The man asked, gesturing to me.

"This is my girlfriend, y/n. Y/n, this is Malu's manager, James." Julian responded.

"Actually, I'm Malu's former manager." James said. Julian gave him a weird look.

"I'll explain later. Nice to meet you, y/n." James said, shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you, too, James." I said.

"Come in." James said. Julian and I walked in. We sat down at a desk, James sat opposite us. I looked around the room, there were pictures of Malu everywhere.

"I was surprised to get your call. I didn't think you'd be coming in today." James said.

"I know. I wanted to come in just to let you know that I'm going to quit working for Malu." Julian said.

"Julian, there's no need for that." James said. Julian and I exchanged glances before turning back to face James.

"What are you talking about? You know what Malu is like." Julian said. James chuckled.

"Julian, Malu was fired from BPN Records." James said. My eyes widened.

"WHAT?!?" I yelled. James chuckled, again.

"Why?" Julian asked.

"The company got a bunch of complaints about her from multiple major celebrities and there were videos going around of her doing things that a 15 year old shouldn't be doing. Also, she was going around and talking shit about BPN." James said.

"Oh. Then, what are we supposed to do?" Julian asked.

"She's been replaced with another artist. His name is Bazzi (the guy who sings Mine, I just randomly put him in this because I couldn't think of anyone else). We will be working for him now." James said.

"That's awesome!" I said. James smiled as he took out his cheque book.

"It sure is! Anyways, Julian, here is this month and next month's pay from Malu's account." James said, handing two checks to Julian, each worth $100,000.

"Why did you give me two? I won't be working for Malu next month." Julian said.

"I know. However, you were only just told that she was released from BPN Records and, according to the policy, any employees that haven't been warned about the departure of a client will get some sort of compensation." James said.

"Oh, well, thanks." Julian said.

"Any time, man." James replied.

"Well, when will Bazzi start coming to BPN?" Julian asked.

"In a couple weeks time. Malu still has to get rid of all of her stuff from here, so you have a couple weeks off work. You'll be starting work a little later than the rest of us because you're expecting a baby, Bazzi sends congratulations." James said.

"Thank you." Julian and I said in unison.

"I'll see the both of you soon. It was nice to meet you, y/n. Congratulations on the baby." James said.

"Thank you." I said.

Julian and I said our goodbyes and we went back down to the reception. We spoke to Jackie and let her know what happened, she was really happy.

We went back to the parking lot and into the car. Julian began to drive home.

Hey guys! Just a little heads up, there will only be a few more parts to the story because this book is nearly over. I hope you enjoyed this part! Love you ❤️