43

*Still Your POV*

As soon as I had finished reading the letter, I placed it on the bedside table and got up. Julian was still asleep. I got up and ran to Jovani's room.

I burst through the door, Jovani was standing up, folding some clothes. He turned when I entered the room and I ran over to him. I pulled him into a hug.

I was bawling my eyes out. I couldn't let go of him, it was impossible! There was no way that I could thank him for what he's just done. He gently placed his hands on my back and hugged me.

"So, I guess you read the letter." Jovani said, chuckling. I let go of him and smiled.

"Thank you so much, Jovani. You really don't understand how much this means to me." I said, my voice cracking. I wiped my tears away.

"I was just following Alex's instructions. And, before you do anything, just take it slow." Jovani said. I looked at him, a confused expression on my face.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Don't rush into anything, because it's happened so many times and this relationship has been put at risk far too many times, I don't want to see it happen again." Jovani said. I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Jovani." I said, hugging him one last time. We both pulled away.

"Now, get back in that bedroom and show Julian that letter." Jovani said.

I nodded and went back to the bedroom. I opened the door. Julian was sitting on the bed, reading the letter. He looked up at me when I entered the room.

"Why would you hide this from me?" Julian asked. I walked over to the bed and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry. I just got so excited and I went to thank Jovani for giving me the letter." I said. Julian sighed with relief and smiled at me.

"This is perfect, it's all I've ever wanted." Julian said, leaning in.

I didn't know what to do. Should I kiss him? Or should I back away? Y/n, remember what Jovani said. I placed both of my hands on his chest and pushed him.

"Is everything ok?" Julian asked, worry in his eyes.

"Yes." I responded, in an emotionless voice.

"Then, why didn't you kiss me?" Julian asked. I let out a discreet sigh.

"I don't want to rush into things." I said. His eyes turned grey, he was sad.

"But, this is what we've wanted for so long, and now that we finally have it, you don't want it." Julian said, a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"I do want it, Julian, you're the only one I want. I just want to take things slow. We always end up breaking up and getting back together again. If we maybe take a different approach to the whole situation, maybe things will turn out differently." I said. He looked at me and sighed.

"But, I don't want to wait. I want to be with you now, and if I can't, then there was no point of Alex writing that letter. He wanted us to be together and now you can't even grant him his dying wish." Julian said, before storming out of the room.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Why does everything have to be so complicated between us? Why can't he just understand that it's better for us to take things slowly? It's not like I just told him that I didn't want to be with him.

Moments later, Jovani walked into the room. I got up and put on a fake smile, hoping he wouldn't ask me about the situation. Unluckily for me, he gave me one of those looks and sat down on the bed.

"What happened?" Jovani asked, a hint of concern in his voice. I sighed.

"Long story short, it all went to shit, Jovani." I said. He lightly chuckled.

"I know, I heard every single word." Jovani said. I looked at him, my eyes widened.

"You heard what happened?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm really sorry. Jovani, I tried to talk to him--" I said, but Jovani cut me off.

"I understand. He should have just listened to you. He's probably just stressed, Julian is in love with you. I'm pretty sure he just got excited because he thought you'd both get back together straight away." Jovani said. I nodded.

*Julian's POV*

As soon as y/n had spoken to me, I stormed out of the room. I went downstairs and I decided to go into the back yard. I was walking around, staring at my shoes.

"What's wrong?" I turned around and saw my dad, standing there, looking at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said, in a firm voice. Dad gave me one of those looks.

"I know something's wrong. You're not usually like this. What happened?" Dad asked. I sighed.

"Y/n and I got into a fight." I said. His eyes widened.

"Already? You two didn't even get back together yet!" Dad said. I gave him one of those looks.

"You're not helping." I said, angrily. He sighed.

"Ok, tell me what happened." Dad said.

"Alex left y/n a letter before he died saying that he wants us to get back together. Y/n said she wanted to take things slow and things went downhill from there." I said.

"Why did everything turn sour?" Dad asked.

"Because, I don't want to take things slow. I want to be with her right now. It's all I've ever wanted." I said.

"And, it's all she's ever wanted, too. But, maybe, she's right. Maybe, you should take it slow. You're both young, you both have time to kill. And, every other time you've gotten back together, the relationship fell apart because you both took things way too fast." Dad said. I looked at him and smiled.

"You know what? I think you're right." I said, nodding my head. Dad smiled.

"Now, get back up those stairs and tell that girl how you feel about her." dad said, ruffling my hair. I gave him a hug.

Hey guys! Sorry for being inactive. Thank you so much for over 930 views and 160 votes on this new book! I hope you enjoyed this part! Love you ❤️