CHAPTER EIGHT: THE GIFTS

CHAPTER EIGHT

The Gifts

***

Audrey

Nandito parin kami sa office ni Miss Blair. Tahimik lang kami, maliban sa dalawa na ‘di parin tapos magbangayan. Miss Blair cleared her throat ceasing the two from arguing.

"Before I forgot, your parents left you something,” Miss Blair stated as she stood and walked towards her table. “It's more like… a gift. They asked me to give it to you someday but I think, today's the time." Pagpapatuloy niya at kinuha mula sa drawer ng mesa niya ang isang kahon.

She placed it on the table, and shoved it towards us. We looked at her in a confused look but she just nodded, a sign that we should open the box. I opened the lid and we saw two books and two folded papers inside it. An encyclopedia of plants and animals, a journal made by Wayne's father, a half and a whole piece of paper. Then, I realized that it’s connected to our abilities.

"This books and papers have something to do with our abilities. But how?" takang tanong ko.

"With the help of Maggie,” Miss Blair replied at agad napatingin kay Mathew. “Maggie already predicted your abilities, that’s why they give you that to help you mastering it." She explained.

Nagkatinginan lang kaming apat sa narinig namin.

"Before I forgot, since we already knew that you are an Akhazel, it’s our duty to protect you. You will no longer to attend your class, instead Mathew will teach for you. You will be trained in an advanced training center and you will be transferred in a more secured room.” Miss Blair declared as she walked back to her desk. “You might think that it’s too much, but it is the only way for us to keep you safe. For us, you are precious." Pagpupunto niya dahilan para masurpresa kami.

"Tama si Miss Blair. ‘Di natin alam baka may ibang trooper na pagtangkaan ang mga buhay niyo." Pagsang-ayon ni Mathew.

"Kaya naman naming protektahan ang sarili namin." Depensa ni Eliott but Mathew shook his head.

"Don't be so sure Eliott. We’d already been tricked." Mathew informed na ikinagulat namin.

"Talaga? Nahuli niyo ba siya?" curious na tanong ni Elsa na tila gustong malaman ang totoo.

"Unfortunately, we didn’t. He escaped from the facility before we figured it out." Malungkot na tugon ni Mathew. Kung madali ngang nakatakas ang traydor na iyon, sigurado akong naging magaling siya sa pagpapanggap niya.

"Pero kaya niyo namang hanapin siya ‘di ba? With all of this technology, sigurado akong mahahanap niyo siya in an instant." Wayne stated.

"We can't. He is biokinesis user. For sure, iniba na niya ang itsura niya to hide his true identity." Tugon ni Mathew na mas ikinadismaya pa namin.

"Problema nga yan, pero ‘di naman siya ganun kadelikado di ba?" tanong ko.

"No, but somehow yes."

"What do you mean?" tanong ko.

"Dala niya kasi ang lahat ng files ng facility, kasama ang mga top secret files. At kapag na-access niya ang mga files nayun, he can use it against us." Pagpapaliwanag ni Mathew.

"Pero —"

"We can handle it, Audrey. For now, you should look first of what's inside of your gifts.” Singit ni Miss Blair na pumutol sa salita ko. “I give you the permission to use the ATR. Mathew, guide them." Utos nito.