↳ fallen star

( FALLEN STAR
by honestdreams

The week was long and it wasn't anything close to good.

Earlier in the week I had gotten into an argument with mum about my future after high school and the fact that I had no idea of what I wanted to do caused her to get mad at me, so I was basically avoiding going home, either sleeping at other people's houses or going home super late when mum would be asleep, which made me extremely tired.

School wasn't any better because it was raining all the time so everyone's mood was gloomy, usually Zach made it better, but he wasn't here this week because of a basketball tournament, so I felt more depressed than usual. Though we texted and talked on the phone every day, I needed him, the real him. I needed him to hold me when I cried, to tell me everything was going to be alright and to distract me from the thunder that without effort scared me to my core.

And to keep the list going, some particularly nasty students decided to bully me again, and I say again it's because they used to but stopped because Zach and the basketball team told them to back off, but now that I was alone they took their opportunity. Pushing me down in the middle of the hall ways, slamming my books out of my hands and onto the floor, and they even went as far as following me home to bash me up today, just because their image was tarnished when they were cast away from the popular group for bullying me.

I limped home this afternoon with a black eye and bruises all over my body, I knew Zach was coming home today but my body was too hurt and drained to even have an ounce of excitement or happiness inside of me. I sighed as I stood in my underwear in front of my bathroom mirror, looking over the purple blotches over my body. Some would say I looked close to death, my skin had lost some of its colour, and my eyes had dark bags under them. I opened my mirror to check for band aids but instead I saw a bottle of pills, I grabbed the bottle and sat on the bathroom floor.

After half an hour of looking over the bottle and remembering my hard week, it felt right. I immediately swallowed as many pills as I could than began to feel light headed, I laid on the ground starting to cry as my body began to hurt until eventually everything faded to black.

*Zach's Point of View*

The team and I had finally gotten back into town, a little earlier than expected so I was excited to get y/n back, weirdly enough they hadn't been answering my calls or texts, so I decided to surprise them and head straight to their house.

I groaned to myself seeing as the sky was dark, that meant a storm was coming, y/n must have been feeling uneasy, which is why they didn't answer their phone. I walked up y/n's driveway and noticed none of the lights were on so I assumed y/n had fallen asleep straight after school.

I opened the front door with a key y/n had given me, the house was cold which was weird, y/n liked to make the house warm when a storm was coming or else it would be freezing later on. I stalked up the stairs and started to feel like something was wrong, I dropped my bag at y/n's closed door and quietly opened it in case they were sleeping.

I opened the door ajar to peek in but nobody was on the bed, I pushed the door open more and walked inside, there was no sign of life but y/n's backpack was left outside the bathroom door. I instantly opened it, I gasped as I saw y/n unconscious on the floor clutching a now empty bottle of pills.

"Baby?" I rushed and took them into my arms, I checked for a pulse, it was weak so I quickly called an ambulance crying as I feared losing the love of my life.

*Y/N's P.O.V*

Beep. Beep. Beep. I woke to an unfamiliar sound. I opened my eyes to a blinding light, I lifted my hand to cover my eyes and noticed the heart monitor on my finger and a hospital wrist band. I groaned as I remember what happened, I wondered why I was even still alive, my mother wouldn't have come home until late hours of the night which I assumed would be too late to save me.

But then I saw him, a familiar head of raven black hair rested next to me, Zach's sleeping face captured my attention, his messy locks made it clear to me he was distraught and the constant movement of his resting eyes seemed as though he was searching for something. I sighed and pushed his hair back but he instantly shot up in a rush.

"You're awake! Are you okay? Why did you do that?" Zach pleaded for answers.

I sighed and whimpered starting to cry, Zach instantly came to my side and held me in his arms, "It's been such a hard week, especially without you. Mom hates that I don't have a plan for my life and the bullies are back."

"Those assholes? Fuck, when I get my hands on them they're as good as dead."

I sniffed and cuddled more into Zach's chest, taking in his scent and listened to his heart.

"Y/N you once told me you feared thunder, so the next time there was a storm I drove out in the middle of the night to you because I knew you were scared. You remember?" I nodded, "I came to your place with your favourite food and held you until the storm was over, and when it was we looked out your window over all the stars that were once hidden behind the clouds and then I looked at you ... and I realised the stars were concealed in your eyes as well, behind all your fear, is something beautiful. That night I made a promise to myself to always be there from you and help you overcome your fears that cloud your mind because that spark of greatness inside of you deserves to be let out and I'm going to be here for you no matter what."

During his speech I began to cry tears of joy and hugged him tighter, "We will overcome this, one step at a time, together, okay? Because you're my fallen star, alright? And I'm not going to stop until you're shining again."

I smiled brightly as Zach kissed my forehead and held me tightly in his arms, for the first time in my life I was sure about my future, that no matter where I ended up, I was going to be with him.