↳ leave me breathless

( LEAVE ME BREATHLESS )

by xxbarrjallenx

"Hey (Y/N)!" Your best friend Zach softly greeted you as he entered the school library. He put his backpack on the large desk in front of him and took the seat beside you.

"Wow, Zachary Dempsey in the library!" You mocked while you were poking him with your pen. "Tell me, you need to meet your girlfriend here, right?"

"Uhm," He scratched his head with a wide I'm-in-a-trouble smile. "yup."

"I noticed." You smiled at him, but quickly looked away as you continued writing for your Science test for the next hour.

"Did you skip History class to study?" He asked, even though he was just stating the obvious. Zach knew your timetable, although the only class you had together was Peer Communications.

"I thought it was already obvious." You flashed him your judging face and he rolled his eyes in response. You giggled softly and Zach just huffed.

You've always liked Zach, but you never had the guts to tell him the truth. You were so insecure of yourself and you were afraid that he would never love you back. In fact, it broke your heart when he announced you that he started to date Meghan, one of the cheerleaders at Liberty High.

You were thankful though, because your relationship with Zach didn't change, not even a tittle, or maybe some little things changed.

You've always had that more than best friends but less than lovers relationship with Zach and you were both okay with that. In fact, it never bothered you to kiss him during one of your friends' house parties. Sometimes he would even tell you some sexual jokes, but you never pushed further than a passionate and deep French kiss. Of course, this thing has changed, because he was already dating someone and it wasn't the right thing to cheat on his girlfriend.

"Hey, are you okay?" Zach called for your attention by waving his hand in front of you and you harshly shook your head to forget your thoughts about your best friend. You felt your cheeks burning at the thought of kissing Zach and you knew that he noticed your bright red face.

"Oh, yup." You flashed him a sweet smile, but then you decided to stand up and head to the shelves, where Science books were located, to hide your blushing cheeks. You looked for a book that might be handy during your test and you freely released your tensed sensation.

You looked for some books while you wished that Zach didn't follow you so you could calm yourself down.

"What the fuck!?" You loudly exclaimed as you held your chest for the shock. You saw Zach standing behind the shelves, leaning on the candid and cold wall of the library as he observed you.

"Shush!" You heard someone shouting from afar and you assumed that it was the old librarian, who sat on her computer desk near the entrance of the library.

"Sorry." You and Zach said in unison and you slapped him using a thick textbook that you had in your hand.

"I didn't mean to, sorry." Zach whispered and you rolled your eyes as you stopped hitting him with the book.

"Fine." You softly said and you decided to walk back to your place, but Zach stopped you as he held your forearm firmly. "What?"

"I miss you." He sincerely said as you looked at your forearm, wrapped with Zach's big hand. You knew what he meant and you obviously felt the same.