FOURTEEN

Shawn's View

Song of the Chapter: Jealous by Labrinth

"I'm jealous of the nights, that I don't spend with you / I'm wondering who you lay next to. / Oh, I'm jealous of the nights."

= =

Jasmine looks stunned that I'm here, but it could be because of what she said. The front door closes and she takes a step back before she moves around me and heads into the bathroom. She left the door open and I step in the doorway and lean against it while I look at her try to act cool and normal.

"What are you doing here?" Jasmine asks me. "Why are you staying here the weekend?"

She begins to rummage through a makeup bag and begins to work on her face.

"Nora and I got into a bit of an argument. So I decided to give her some time to cool off and let her have the hotel to herself." I answer.

"So why didn't you just get a different hotel?"

"Eh, I didn't feel like spending money. Plus I get to raid your fridge." I shrug.

"Well you won't be doing much raiding. Paige is on this stupid diet and the whole house has the suddenly suffer." Jasmine sighs. I watch as she does a fishy face and begins to swoop a makeup brush lightly on her cheekbones.

"Are you carving yourself?"
"Close. Contouring."

"I haven't seen you do your makeup in years. All this stuff left my brain."

"Doesn't Nora let you watch her do her makeup?"
"I never pay attention to it."

I clear my throat and try to act casual while watching her do her makeup for a date. Jeremy Fenn. Is that my competition for her? It stings watching her get ready for a date. Would he pull out her chair for her? Quickly place his hand on the checkbook before she even got a glance at the bill?

"So you're going out with Fenn, huh?" I ask her.

"Yeah." Jasmine nods as she blushes. Please let that be the makeup and not her actually blushing! "I'm kind of nervous hut I'm also excited."

"Well here, let me give you a tip." I say. "Don't try too much. Almost kind of like you don't give a shit, ya know."

"What kind of advice...?" Jasmine asks as she turns to me.
"I'm being serious! When did he ask you out?"

"Yesterday."
"Did you have any makeup?"

"No, just barely."
"Then why are you putting so much makeup on?"

I walk into the bathroom and grab a makeup wipe and stand in front of her. With my left hand, I grab her chin and with my right I begin to wipe away at some of the makeup she began to put on. Jasmine looks at me and slowly her lips form into a smile that later turns into a chuckle. My lips are a mere inch away from hers and it is taking every damn thing within me to keep from closing the space.

"Have you done this for Nora?" Jasmine asks me.
"Almost all the time. What's funny is I don't care for the application, but I like removing it." I reply.