FIFTY SEVEN

Song of the Chapter: I Want What You Got - Palace

"You're my fire / You're my spark / You're my savior / You light up the dark..."

- j -

"Wake up!" A pillow is used to hit my legs and I groan before tossing and turning over underneath the covers. Shawn's large hands go to my arm as he begins to gently rock me back and forth in his effort to wake me up.

"Sir!" I exclaim with my eyes closed.

"Ma'am!" Shawn replies. "Come on, we're gonna get breakfast. And not chee-la-key-less because as much as I love you, I am tired of eating them."

"That's impossible." I say before opening my eyes and slowly sitting up. "One can never get tired of them."

"Well I am." He says. Shawn rubs his eyes as he stands beside the bed. "Now come on. I know a great place."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Now come on." Shawn says as he slaps my butt.

I curl up and roll around the bed as I stretch and yawn. My toes curl as I grip the sheets one last time as I get in a good stretch before sitting up in bed, running a hand through my curly hair as I tuck it behind my ears.

"Can we hang out today?" I ask Shawn.

"You wanna hang out?" He asks me.

I nod my head. "Yeah. Would it be alright if I watched you train?"

"Absolutely." Shawn tells me. "Are you gonna be okay with it?"

"Yeah. It's just you training, not the real thing." I reply.

"Alright. Get ready, come on." Shawn says.

I get out of the bed and walk over to the bathroom and lift the toilet seat up and prepare to pee as Shawn prepares for a shower.

"Are you gonna start peeing every twenty seconds or what?" Shawn asks.

"I dunno." I shrug.

"When you're done do you wanna join me?" Shawn asks me as he removes his shirt.

"Yeah, sure." I reply. "But you're washing my hair."

"Deal." He replies. Shawn undressed and steps into the shower while I wipe, then flush and wash my hands before undressing and stepping inside the shower with him. His hair is wet and he shakes it before running his hand in his hair and pushing it back.

"You look like a wet dog." I say.

"You're getting bigger." Shawn says as he places a hand at my stomach.

"I know." I reply. "This is definitely your kid."

"Canadian babies are pretty heavy." Shawn says. "You're looking at maybe eleven pounds."

"Are you gonna think I'm ugly once this baby comes out of me?" I ask him.

"What?" Shawn asks me. He furrows his brows as he chuckles. The water falls on him and the water droplets run down his skin and he wild some of it off his face.

"Most men don't really look at their partners the same after they give birth. One day I'm just gonna blow up and look like a whale and I feel like you're not gonna think I'm pretty anymore." I say. "Kind of like, Oh I saw you give birth, I don't want to fuck you anymore or make love to you. You know?"

"You think I'm not gonna be attracted to you anymore?" Shawn asks me as he tucks my hair behind my ear.

"Basically." I say.