FIFTY SIX

- Shawn's View -

Song of the Chapter: Like To Be You - Shawn Mendes

"I get worried / I might lose you a little / Every time we / Every time we argue / And get caught up in the moment / I don't know what it's like to be you..."

- s -

The chirping of birds wakes me up, but my eyes rain closed. I don't feel the comfort of our bed underneath me, but the oddly comforting feel of the hood of my car. A chill in the morning air has me stretching before I rub my eyes and open them to the sunrise. I attempt to sit up, but stop once I feel Jasmine's grip at my torso tighten and she hums in her sleep. She hogged the blanket - which I didn't mind - and had it up to her neck while her face was buried at my side.

I look at my watch and read the time - 7:46 a.m.

"Hey." I softly say to Jasmine in my groggy morning voice. I rub at her arm before softly shaking her. "Jasmine...sleepy head. Wake up."

"Hm?" She hums as her eyes are still closed.

"Wake up, we're sleeping on the car." I tell her. "You're gonna miss the sunrise. Well, we kind of did."

"We did?" She asks me.

"Yeah. But come on, open your eyes so you can see this view." I tell her.

Jasmine opens her eyes and blinks a few times at the brightness of the morning sun shining down on her. She looks at me and then closes her eyes again. "You're the view?"

"Alright, I was gonna cook breakfast for you but never mind." I tell her as I sit up.

"No. Stay!" Jasmine whines as she holds onto me tighter. I hold her tighter and kiss the top of her head as I yawn and watch my breath in the cold air.

"Let's get in the car at least. I'll turn on the heater." I tell her.

"Alright." She says and we get off the hood and inside. Jasmine has the blanket on her as she's leaned back in the seat and the heater is turned on.

"Wanna get some breakfast?" I ask her as I lean over to place her seatbelt on.

Jasmine looks at me and nods her head. "Yeah."

"Yeah?"

"Mm hm." Jasmine sleepily nods her head before I place a kiss on her lips and then her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you, more." I reply. Jasmine holds my hand and I slowly pull out of the parking spot with one hand before driving off and out of the preserve. "I know a great spot for breakfast, trust me on this."

- s -

"Fine-uh-fucking-ly!!"

Michelle wraps her arms around Jasmine in a tight hug as she beams widely. All the times that she has told me about this moment and it finally came true. "Shawn, when you find her, you're bringing her over for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. Or all of the above!" She told me, and of course, I didn't believe her. But now the moment has come and they're hugging and it means that Michelle truly believed this moment would come true. She wasn't just saying that, she actually believed in it.

"I told him! Didn't I tell you?" Michelle says to both Jasmine and I as she parts from her hug. "And congratulations!! Owen and I watched the interview with Heath!! Oh my God! I'm so happy you came inside her!"

Jasmine let's out a loud laugh while I simply shake my head as my cheeks grow hot. "That makes two of us!" She says as she high fives Michelle.

"That's it, everyone inside." I say.