FIFTY NINE

Shawn's View

Song of the Chapter: Hotblack - Oceanship

"Get a grip or you're gonna get thrown / Take your aim when you take a shot / For the man under will take everything you've got..."

- s -

With my mouth guard in and my body covered in Vaseline, I move my shoulders as I try and loosen up. There's a knock on the door and I remove my guard with my hand as I call for the person to come in. The door opens and reveals Gilinsky, and I instantly smile before refraining from a hug.

"I'd hug the shit out of you, too." Jack says as he motions to my oiled up body.

"Guys. Can you all give us a minute?" I ask. They all leave and it's just Jack and I in the room.

"Heads up, but I heard that Jeremy Fenn is watching this fight." Jack says.

"He is?" I ask.

"Yeah. I bet he's rooting for the other guy."

"I didn't think you'd be here."

"Of course we'd all be here."

"We?"

"The whole gang is here. Surprisingly, Paige and Diana made up and they've been catching up the whole time. Charlie and Paige set it aside for the night, but I'm not sure how long that's gonna last. But dude, we're all here for you."

"Is Jasmine here, too?" I ask.

"She's at her gallery." Jack replies. "How you feeling?"

"Not good. I'm in deep shit, G."

"Why? Hey, what the hell is that on your rib?" Jack asks me.

"Don't say shit. It's a fresh tattoo and I know it's crazy as shot but it's a tattoo I got for Jasmine and if you want you can look, but my body is oiled up so it's gonna be hard to put the tape on. Also, I can't channel the negative energy. That's what always helped me to win, but I'm too happy to think about this negativity." I rant. "I know this is odd coming from me considering my reputation as a boxer, but I'm fucking scared."

"What's mailing you scared, Shawn?" He asks me.

"Don't say anything either. I'm proposing to Jasmine tonight and I'm doing another thing that is completely sane to me but it's gonna he crazy to others, I'm not saying what it is just yet. But I'm scared because what if she tells me no again? What then? I love her but how do I know for sure she won't leave me again?" I say.

"She's not gonna leave you again. She didn't even leave you in the first place. You let her go. She didn't wanna go but you forced her to go. If anything, she's holding onto you for dear life." Jack explains. "If she says no, she says no. It's not going to be the end of the world dude."

"Are you sure? Are you absolutely positive?"

"I can't really tell you anything. But I can promise you it's not gonna be the end of Jasmine and Shawn. You two got a kid on the way and you're nervous because you're doing whatever it is you're doing out of love." He explains. "You're gonna show the world how much love you have within you. The world is gonna see a scary man turn into this mush of love."

"Do you want to be the first to know what I'm doing?" I ask him.

"No. Surprise me along with the others." Jack says. "And as far as channeling negative energy, I got something for you."

"What?" I ask.

"Imagine if Jeremy had Jasmine. Imagine if she was pregnant with his kid and they were watching you fight. Imagine Jasmine right there watching you lose. Channel that anger." Jack says. "I'll see you out there champ. Kick some ass."