Fifteen little omegas

Jungkook's P

Jungkook's P.O.V

I realized something because of this whole situation. I couldn't lose Taehyung. Not now, not ever. My wolf was howling in pain, my heart was slowly breaking off into pieces and my tears had been threatening to pour out for the last few hours.

Namjoon had been trying to create a potion that would go against the wolfsbane that had infected Taehyung's paw. It had already invaded his bloodstream and was making its way to his heart. Once it reached that- Taehyung's life would end right there.

Luckily Namjoon had the right ingredients stocked inside of his storage and had been able to craft the potion in time. If it hadn't worked he would have had to amputate Taehyung's paw, or rather his left arm if he would shift back into human. Thank God it didn't have to come to that.

Now we only had to wait for Taehyung to wake back up. He had lost consciousness a long time ago and Namjoon had given him an injection later on so he wouldn't feel anything. I was stuck in the waiting room with his mother who had been staring emptily at the white tiles. I had gotten some clothes to wear and tugged at the tight collar of whatever this shirt was.

"I'm sorry this happened", I whispered, swallowing back the lump that had formed in my throat, "I shouldn't have lost him in the woods".

"It's not your fault", she smiled slightly, glancing up at me, "He's an alpha so it's only normal he outran you. He shouldn't have left you alone".

I nodded but still, I couldn't help but feel like this was partially my fault.

Taking a deep breath I spoke, "The only thing that's stuck in my head right now is-"

"How that bear trap got there and why it was smothered in wolfsbane?"

His mom smiled worriedly at me and tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear, "I think that will be something to discuss with his father, and maybe later on with everyone that shares this forest with us".

I nodded, "It's a huge threat to everyone I suppose, and if this means someone was out to actually hurt a wolf-"

"I want to say you're probably thinking too hard about this, but I can't help but wonder the same. No one but werewolves know about wolfsbane being our weakness".

"Someone out to hurt his own species?", I guessed.

"Or someone hunting on another species than his own", she spoke, "Or maybe a member from another pack that isn't too fond of us".

The mood in the waiting room only went gloomier after us sharing our thoughts.

"Mrs. Kim".

Namjoon stood in the doorway with a small smile on his face, showing off his dimples, "Your son is awake".

Her face immediately brightened and she stood up from the chair. She shortly glanced at me but I only smiled back, telling her to go by herself. I wouldn't want to ruin a family moment.

She went inside and the door closed behind her. Namjoon still stood in the room with me and shot me a small smile.

"So you're Jeon Jungkook, the son of the Dandelion pack?", he asked, leaning against the wall behind him.

I nodded, awkwardly fumbling with my fingers.

"I guess you're Taehyung's mate?", he asked, making my head shoot up, "Or am I wrong?"

I bit my lip and shook my head, seeing his arched eyebrows lowering.

"Take good care of Taehyung. I've known him since he was little. He was never one to boss others around or act all stuck up just because of his status. He isn't prideful or bashful like other alphas and I bet you've noticed that already. You best be gentle with him, he's a sensitive kid".

I nodded and he furrowed his eyebrows as if a sudden thought struck him.

"You are planning on claiming him right? Or letting him claim you?"

I let out a breathy laugh, "I can't handle feeling like today ever again. This made me realize just how much I need him I guess".

"I hope you stick to that realization", he replied, "Or you'll have the Tulip pack chasing your tail".

"I wouldn't want that", I smiled, "But I best be going now, my parents have been calling me for more than an hour now".

"Don't you want to see Taehyung?", he asked, "You can go talk to him you know".

I shook my head, scratching the back of my neck, "I just wanted to make sure he was okay. I'll visit him soon if my parents haven't killed me by then. Please tell him that".

He nodded and I looked down at the clothes he had given me.

"I'll also return your clothes", I smiled, "Mine are somewhere lying around in the forest".

He chuckled, "See you soon Jungkook. You better not get killed by your parents because Taehyung needs you".

"That's all I needed to hear".