Twenty three little omegas

Writing for me is something I look forward to. I get to think about worlds and people that don't exist. I get to use my creativity and come up with the craziest plots. It makes me proud of myself when I read my old books and look back at the time when I wrote them. So I can't understand how authors on Wattpad can write chapters against their will and update chapters of 200 words just to be able to update something. If you don't like it, don't write it. Readers notice when you have written something against your will. It's not fun to read and you don't have fun writing it. What is the point then?

Jungkook's P.O.V

My mother and father both dropped their spoon back into their bowl of soup once I appeared into the kitchen wearing a loose shirt which was wide enough to show off the fresh mark on my shoulder. My mother started coughing, since she still had soup in her mouth, and my father's eyes hardened.

"Jungkook, what is the meaning of this?", his voice boomed inside of the spacious kitchen. I cringed at the loud voice but didn't let it notice.

Jungkook's mother stared knowingly at the mark, sniffing the air for the scent it gave off. She knew who it was that had claimed her son, and she was happy for him, plus a little surprised that the lanky noodle of an alpha had finally grown some balls to mark her son.

"I know you wanted me to be mated with Hoseok, father", I started, walking closer to the table and placing my hands on the wooden surface, "But he isn't my true mate. Taehyung is".

My father's eyes widened and his mouth fell open, "Kim Taehyung? The future head alpha of the Tulip pack?"

I nodded, sitting down in my usual chair around the table.

"But wasn't he promised to Lisa?", he asked, only now realizing his wife still hadn't said a thing, "Did you know!?"

"Lisa knew about me and Taehyung and the marriage was canceled", I replied, "I was going to tell you soon".

"I caught them sleeping together a few days ago. Taehyung told me everything", mother answered, looking father in the eye, "I wanted to let Jungkook handle telling you".

Father snapped his head back to me, his eyebrows arched, "Sleeping together? You mean-"

"Actually sleeping", I quickly responded, "Chill father, we haven't even kissed yet".

This seemed to somewhat relief him.

"Well I'm glad actually. Taehyung seems like an even better catch than Hoseok since he's an alpha and the Tulip pack is the biggest one around", father sighed, a smile playing on his lips, "You should invite the guy soon. I want to meet my son's true mate".

I smiled brightly at my parents who seemed happy for me.

"I will".

~

I woke up from a quick nap and decided to visit Taehyung since I knew he was free this afternoon. But once I jumped through his window and noticed his room being empty, I sensed something was wrong. He came in through the bedroom door with tears in his eyes and with a burning cheek.

"Oh my god baby what happened?"

I quickly cradled Taehyung's face in my hands but he hissed once I touched his red cheek. Tears poured down his face as he stared down at his toes, not able to even look me in the eyes. I quickly led him to his bed and sat him down, placing myself down next to him.

"Tae, what's wrong? Who did this?", I asked, letting my hand drop to his thigh and rub soothing circles on his tan skin. He was wearing red shorts which showed off his long legs, which would have been great, if it wasn't in a situation like this.

He hid his face in his hands and cried silently, the tear drops quickly staining his shirt. Though it sounded like jumbled letters, I could clearly understand the word 'dad' in his answer. I felt my eyes widening and quickly retracted my hand from his leg which then balled into a fist.

"Why would he do such a thing?", I growled, feeling anger come up in waves.

Taehyung wiped his tears away with the back of his hand and sniffled a few times. He still didn't look me in the eye but at least he was done with staring at the floor.

"I-I'm an alpha", he stuttered, small hiccups interrupting his words, "B-But I'm m-marked wh-which a-apparently is a d-disgrace to o-our r-race. It m-makes us s-seem weak to b-be owned b-by someone. It m-makes us s-seem sub-submissive".

He then bit his lip, probably from stopping fresh tears from falling out.

"So he hit you because he saw the mark I made?", I asked and he nodded slowly.

"Well that's bullshit. It doesn't make you seem weak, it only makes you seem like an alpha that doesn't give a shit about hierarchy, and if you ask me, that's the best kind of alpha that can exist", I replied, crossing my arms, "And if he doesn't understand, well then he can kiss my ass because he hit his beautiful son for being nothing but perfect".

Deep chuckles laced with a hint of sadness were heard in the room. I glanced back at Taehyung who showed me a faint smile.

"That's not right. He isn't allowed to kiss your ass, only I can", he spoke which made me effectively roll my eyes. I bumped his shoulder which made him giggle again.

"I'm sorry your father is being such a prick", I sighed, "But if it makes you feel a bit better, my parents want to see you so they are inviting you for dinner".

Taehyung's eyes lit up, "Really?" He then dropped his shoulders, "I don't know if my parents will agree with that".

"Then don't tell them", I spoke which made a horrified expression appear on his face, "I know you don't like lying, but it isn't lying when you don't say anything at all".

Taehyung didn't reply and only gave a sigh as answer.

"My mom isn't against you by the way", he spoke after some silence, "When dad slapped me she demanded him to let me go. I could hear them yelling at each other when I walked up to my room".

A single tear rolled down his tan cheek and would have dropped down onto his lap if I hadn't caught it.

"Why do I fuck everything up?", he whispered out, his voice cracking a little which made my heart do the same, "I'm a shame for the whole Tulip pack, my father hates me and my parents are fighting because of me".

"It's not your fault you decided to follow your heart", I replied, grabbing his chin so he was looking up at me, "You did something brave, and I know your mother would agree with me. Your father only doesn't see it yet since he's blinded by that stupid hierarchy thing every alpha has drilled into themselves".

Taehyung gave me a soft smile, "I'm so thankful to have met you Kook".

I smiled back, "Right back at ya".