Dustin Finds Dart

A/N: Ok, before I start, I just wanna let you know that I changed my mind, which is why I've been taking some time off. I was still writing the story but I felt like the flow got messed up, so I'm going to be adding certain parts of the episodes into the story. This is the part where Dustin finds Dart, so let's just pretend this happened BEFORE Will told Mike about his episode during Halloween. I can't put it back there because I doubt many of you will want to go back to read this bit... so I'm just gonna throw it in here. 

~**~

 Dustin walked onto his front porch after his trick or treating night, with his bag of candy in his hand. It was already night time and he was alone, which gave him a bit of an eerie feeling. He heard something behind him, sort of a chirping sound. Slowly turning around, he looked towards his trashcan.

"Mews is that—" He was cut off by a very loud sound of rattling came from the trash. He dropped his bag of candy and reached behind him and grabbed the little gun on his Ghostbusters costume.

"Shit shit shit..." He repeated to himself, slowly inching towards the trash that was jiggling a little. As he got closer, the lid jumped a little. He reached out and took a moment, before yelling and popping open the lid, aiming his gun into the trash. That's when he heard chittering.

"Holy shi—"

~**~

Dustin quietly opened the door and walked into the house, looking around. As he snuck through and tried to run to his room, he was stopped by his mom.

"Dusty!" She exclaimed, getting up quickly. Dustin stopped and grumbled a little. "Dusty, how was it?"

"H-how... how was what?" He stammered. His cat, Mews rubbed up against his mother's leg.

"'how was what?' The greatest night of the year, of course." She smiled.

"Oh. Oh, yeah it was... it was, uh, tubular." He said, smiling, trying to seem everything was ok.

"What's wrong with you?" His mother questioned.

"Nothing." He said, trying to hide that he was lying.

"Did something happen?"

"No. What? No."

"Are you constipated again?"

"No! Mom!" He yelled, feeling embarrassed.

"Ok, you're acting weird."

"I am not acting weird!" Right on cue, his little box rattled. His mom stepped back yelling a little. Dustin laughed nervously as his cat hissed at him.

"Awesome, right? Yeah... I rigged the trap with, uh, motor to make it look like I caught a ghost! Just like the movie." He smiled.

"Oh, Dusty." His mother laughed nervously, causing him to laugh too and then she laughed harder and so did he.

"Funny. Look at that. Look at that." He laughed. Then proceeded to walk right into his room, shut the door, and locked it. "I told you to keep quiet." He muttered to the box. "All you had to do was stay still for one minute. One minute." He walked to his turtle tank and opened the top. "Sorry, Yertle. Temporary eviction, buddy." He placed the turtle on the ground and dropped in his new-found friend. It fell on it's back and chittered as it turned around and sat up. Dustin stared in amazement as the thing moved closer to him, then started to move away. "What are you, little guy." It crawled under a hiding place. "What were you doing in my trash? You hungry?"

Dustin dumped out his Halloween candy on his bed and searched for the right one, grabbing it. He opened it, ripping it up some little bits and threw it in the terrarium. He then proceeded to take a bite himself.

"Nougat." He said to the little creature. "Go on, eat." He watched the little thing crawl out and then went back to the hiding place. Dustin's eyes traveled to the heat lamp. "Too hot?" Once he turned it off, the little thing came out. "Sorry about that, little guy." The slimy thing made its way to the ripped candy and started to eat it. Dustin chuckled as he watched the slug-like creature eat it. "You like nougat, too, huh?" The thing nodded towards Dustin. "You're pretty cute, you know that? I'm glad I found you." He chuckled. He turned over the candy and straighten out the wrapper. 3 Musketeers it read. "D'Artagnan. I'm gonna call you D'Artagnan."

While Dustin slept, his little friend chittered and screeched as something seemed to move inside of him.

A/N: I know... this is all I might have today because I'm not done with the rest, unfortunately. I'm actually making an outline for this stuff (not sure if I've already said that) and now I have to follow it lol so it'll take some time to get everything in order and I don't want to post anything IN CASE some stuff gets changed around. For example, I need to add Max to the story. And Steve, Joyce, Hopper, Eleven, and Jonathan and I want to follow the actual Stranger Things storyline, so I don't want to have any confusion. If any of this makes sense. Thank you and happy reading!!