Chapter 033 (MIKE ONLY)

A/N: I'm back! A little late but on Saturday! As an apology for being gone for a while, here's another chapter which is extra long. 5 pages long, to be exact. This a strictly Mike chapter, meaning no Will in this since the two separated. The next chapter is going to be Will. I'm too tired to do it right now but it will be up TOMORROW.

Dustin opened the fridge and threw all of its contents on the ground with a loud clatter, both (Y/N) and Gia watched him as he did so.

"Alright." He said as he threw the last of the things out. "I-it should fit now." Steve stood there, with the demodog wrapped in a blanket, with an exasperated look.

"This really necessary?" He questioned.

"Yes, it is. This is a ground-breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, ok? It's not a dog."

"Alright. Alright." Steve repeated, in hopes of stopping Dustin from continuing. "But you're explaining this to Mrs. Byers, alright?" The two girls watched as Steve tried to shove the thing into the fridge and their faces turned to those of disgust.

"That is so disturbing," Gia said.

"Help me out," Steve said.

"What am I supposed to do?" Dustin replied.

"Get the door, man." The two quickly shut the door once it was inside. They turned around and saw the girls with their expressions.

"Ew." Was all (Y/N) said as she turned around and walked towards the dining table. Her eyes caught Mike's, but she immediately looked away.

Meanwhile, Lucas and Max were cleaning up the broken window, that the demodog had come through. He stopped as he saw Mike pacing, causing Max to look up at him. His eyes slightly went to (Y/N) who was just talking to her sister. He couldn't imagine the hurt she was going through.

"Mike. Would you just stop already?"

"You weren't in there, ok, Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs."

"Demodogs!" He heard from the other room.

"The chief will take care of her, not to mention Rihna went with them. She's strong enough to kill the Mind Flayer, you really think she's not strong enough to handle the dogs?"

"DEMODOGS!" Dustin yelled again, causing Lucas to roll his eyes. (Y/N) and Gia had gotten up and joined the others in the room, wanting to hear what they were saying.

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. Alright?"

"Ok, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game and second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench." Mike stated, clearly annoyed.

"Right," Steve stammered. "So my point is..." The others waited as he paused, thinking of something to say. "Right. Yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do." He finished, throwing the towel over his shoulder.

"That's not entirely true. I mean these demodogs, they have a hive mind." Dustin remarked. "When they ran away from the bus, they were called away."

"So if we get their attention..." Lucas started.

"Maybe we can draw them away from the lab." (Ok, I'm just gonna say this, I think it's kinda extra how many times these characters can finish each other's sentences. Like... isn't it a little TOO MUCH?)

"And clear a path to the gate." Mike stated, looking down as if he had gotten an idea. (Y/N) knew what he was thinking and looked at Gia, with a very irritated look. Her sister only shot her an apologetic expression and touched her shoulder.