Chapter 009

The pressure of the beast was taken off almost immediately and the girl opened her eyes.

"Are you alright?" She heard. It was Rihna. The silverette helped her up and stood in front of her. (Y/N) saw the monster stand up and screeched at her. It lurched again, but was collided with Rihna's foot. Rihna then kicked the right side of its face, causing it to fly back. Rinha pointed her sword at the creature and spoke in a low tone. "You crossed the line." It screeched and ran towards them. Rihna stood still, along with (Y/N), but she couldn't move. (Y/N) saw Rihna raise her sword to the left and she sliced right through the beast. It fell to the ground, limp. Rihna kicked the top half of the monster away, far away.

"W-what was that?" (Y/N) asked as she shakily stood up, but fell back onto the ground almost immediately.

"A demogorgon." Rihna put away her sword and helped (Y/N) up. (Y/N) eyes were glued to the demogorgon and she wasn't moving. Rihna then picked her up and headed towards the portal.

"Th-thank you." (Y/N) muttered as Rihna walked through the portal and that's when the four anxious boys ran to them. The woman gently placed (Y/N) on the ground and all the guys hugged her. They bombarded her with questions, mostly asking if she was ok and what happened.

"I am, thanks to Rihna." They looked towards her and saw Rihna pull her weapon out again. She raised it up and sliced through the portal. But instead of cutting through it, the portal started to close. Once it was fully closed Rihna put her weapon away.

"Woah... is that what you do there?" Will asked. Rihna nodded.

"It's my job to keep that beast at bay." (Y/N) looked at her arms and legs, she had cuts on both her arms, her leg was bleeding, and there was a gash on her calf.

"I-I don't feel it." She muttered.

"It's probably because you're in shock. You were standing up when you saw the demogorgon." (Y/N) looked down as she covered her arms with her hands and started to shake.

"I-it... it was terrifying... and so fast." The boys and Rihna walked to the girl and comforted her.

"It's alright now. It's dead." (Y/N)'s eyes widened and she looked at Rihna.

"Y-you said... a demogorgon..."

"I'm sorry?" Rihna asked.

"Back in the Upside Down I asked what that was and you said "A demogorgon"... not THE demogorgon. Are there more of that thing?" Rihna took a deep breath but didn't reply. In fact, she looked away.

"There are more demogorgons?" Mike asked, looking towards Rihna. The woman waited a moment then nodded.

"The humanoid no, the quadruped, yes."

"The quadruped?" Dustin asked.

"Four-legged. There are more like it, but with four legs." Rihna said.

"Like a dog?" Dustin questioned Rihna.

"If dogs have four legs then yes. Come, let's get her home and have her cleaned up."

"W-we can go to my place. My parents should've left by now and Nancy is with Steve." Mike stated.

 "Let me see your sweater," Rihna said to Mike. He nodded and did so. The woman gently tied the large sweater around (Y/N)'s leg. "This should be able to hold some of the blood while we head home." Rihna then picked up (Y/N), who couldn't walk due to the large leg injury. "Lead the way." The group walked home, occasionally asking Rihna questions about the Upside Down and the demodogs. Most of her answers were somewhat vague, but the guys didn't pry too much. At least they were getting answers.