Chapter 029

(Y/N) walked through the darkened forest her heart beating a million miles a minute. She would repeatedly try to inhale and exhale in hopes of calming herself down, but it didn't work. She needed to find Rihna and she was putting her life on the line for it.

"Where... are the demodogs?" She asked herself. She then took a deep breath. "RIHNA!" She screamed out. Waiting three minutes, timing it on her watch and then screamed out again. As she did this, she continued to make her way around the forest, just in case Rihna hears her from another area better. She called out again and again but didn't get any response. Well... not one that she wanted. As she was walking, she came across a demodog. She froze... not again. It looked at her and growled. Tears welled up in her eyes. The thing started to move towards her and she turned and ran to the right. She didn't want to run back in the same direction because Rihna wasn't there... so she might be this way. No matter what she was going to find Rihna today. The girl ran and ran as the thing chased her. She ran but wasn't fast enough. Eventually, the thing tackled her to the ground, causing her to scream as she made contact with the floor.

"GET OFF!" She screamed, turning around and hitting the thing's head with her flashlight. It seemed dazed and (Y/N) took this opportunity to kick the thing, causing it to jump back. She got up and looked around for anything. She saw a small rock and ran to it. She quickly picked it up and threw it at the demodog's head, then took off in the same direction she was running. "RIHNA!!! HELP ME! PLEASE!" She screamed as loud as she could as she ran through the forest. With a tear-stained face, the girl looked around for any place to hide. She heard a roar and turned around. There it was, behind her. She didn't waste a second and started to run again. In the direction she ran, she saw another demodog. (Y/N) turned to her right and ran, but was stopped by another demodog and before she knew it... she was surrounded. Oh, how she regretted this idea. Only one thought went through her mind... of (Mike/Will) smiling.

"I'm sorry Mike and Will. I'm sorry I couldn't come back to you both." She felt pressure on her and screamed as all the dogs jumped on her. But... deja vu? The pressure was gone and she heard whimpers and squeals. The familiar feeling returned of the last time she went through such an ordeal.

"(Y/N)!" The (h/c) haired girl opened her eyes and saw Rihna standing a few feet away from her, with a demodog head on her sword. She stood and ran into Rihna and gave her a hug. Rihna smiled a little and hugged back... well tried to since she was so tall. "What are you doing here?" She questioned, once (Y/N) let go and moved away.

"Y-you have to come back Rihna. Will... he's gotten worse. He's been taken to the hospital and I... he needs you. Please come back." (Y/N) begged. Rihna looked away.

"You need to leave. This place isn't stable anymore. It's not safe."

"No. I won't leave you. I'm not going to leave unless you come with me. You don't get it... we need you. Will's sick and... please..." Tears welled up in her eyes as she thought about her sick friend/crush.

"I can't... this happened because I wasn't here. He needs me in here."

"But now Will needs you out there. After what I've seen... I don't think he'll be coming back here. It... that shadow thing... it's inside him." Rihna remembered when she ran to him in the field... the shadow monster had succeeded in entering Will's body. Now it was out there... or at least had an outlet out there.

"No wonder... they were all running to the lab," Rihna muttered.

"What?" (Y/N) asked.

"Those worthless beasts... they went towards the lab. Except these of course... but I don't think Will is in the hospital. I think he's in there. And if all those things are going towards where Will is, we need to go too. We must hurry." Rihna said as she started to walk towards the lab.