Chapter 035

A/N: This has got to be the LONGEST chapter I have ever written for this book. It's 6 pages, but that's due to all the jumps between the three groups. I separated them into Will, Mike, and Rihna. WARNING! WARNING! LONG CHAPTER AHEAD!

(Mike)

As the group walked through the tunnels, following Steve to their desired location, Dustin slowed down behind them and looked up. He saw this weird mouth looking thing that started to move.

"What the hell?" He asked as he examined it. The thing seemed to close its opening and started to fill up and then it spat some sort of gas, with the particles that normally floated in the air, right into his face and he screamed. Cursing, he dropped his stuff and fell on his back. He rolled around, screaming hysterically. He got up, grabbing his stuff and ran after the group. "Help! Help! Help!" His voice cracked. He ran and saw the others, but tripped right in front of them, generating panic in the group, as they called out for him. Gia ran to him and helped him up a little, just as Steve arrived.

"What happened?! What happened?!" He yelled.

"It's in my mouth! Some got in my mouth! Shit!" He removed the mask, coughing violently, almost seeming like he was gagging. He paused and spit, then looked up at them, breathing heavily. "I'm ok."

"You serious?" Max questioned, somewhat aggravated.

"Very funny, man." Steve said.

"Jesus, what an idiot." The others kept moving forward, but Gia helped him to his feet.

"Glad you're ok." She said, giving him a genuine smile, that he couldn't see, then continued in front of him.

They continued walking through the tunnels, Steve leading the way, reading the map until Steve stopped.

"Alright, Wheeler. I think we found your hub." They all pointed their flashlights in a different direction, looking around the place. Many tunnels connected into the one large area and right in the center was a stump looking thing.

"Let's drench it." Mike ordered. The group started to spray the area with the gasoline, or pour the liquids out of the cans they carried them in, making sure to cover every inch of the place. (Y/N) took another can from Gia's hands and emptied it around near her. Once she was done, she looked back at the others who were just finishing up.

(Will)

Will screamed out in pain as the heat started to burn his body. His head was tilted back and he violently shook, yanking on the bindings. (Y/N) watched in pain and tried to stay strong. She needed to. She covered her mouth as her friend's screams filled her ears. She ran her hands through her hair and slowly moved around the room trying to avoid doing anything. Everyone's face was filled with fear, shock, and agony as they watched the child scream in pain.

"It's not working," Jonathan said to Nancy. He then turned to his mom and repeated himself. "It's not working. Mom, are you listening to me?"

"Just wait!" She said.

"How much longer? Look! Look at him!" He screamed at her.

"Jonathan just wait!" She yelled back, (Y/N) flinched, all this was causing major tension.

"You're killing him!" Will seemed exhausted as his screaming stopped and he just moved slightly. Jonathan went to turn off the heater when his mother stopped him.

"No, leave it!"

"Mom! You're killing him!"

"Leave it!" (Y/N) ran to Jonathan and tried to pull him away.