Chapter 022

A/N: He likes it cold...

They returned to where they first saw the demodog. It was slightly scary for (Y/N) but she needed to face her fear so she could help her friend.

"It's gotta be here. She didn't close the portal so it must still be open." (Y/N) said.

"That doesn't necessarily mean that SHE'S here..." Lucas stated. The group spent their time looking around trying to find the portal, but it was to no avail. They had been searching for at least two hours now.

"Th-this could go on for miles. We have no idea where the portal was. For all we know that demodog could've been traveling for hours." Dustin remarked, which caused everyone to get a little disheartened. They searched a little more but decided to return home for the day and regroup the next day. Joyce dropped all the kids off and went home.

When they got home, Will took a little nap while Joyce called Hopper again. As she hung up, she saw her son walk to her, tiredly.

"Hey, how you feeling, sleepyhead?" She asked, rubbing his forehead a little. He shook his head. "Same as last night? Still weird?"

"Yeah." Will said as they two sat down.

"Alright." His mother placed her hand on his forehead to check his temperature. Then her hand went to his cheek. She then got a thermometer and timed it on her watch.

"Ok, let me see." She grabbed the thermometer and looked at the temperature. She was slightly concerned at what it said. 95 degrees.

"Is it a fever?" Will questioned his mother, when he saw her expression.

"No. Uh, actually, it's cold." She stated, her eyes never leaving the thermometer. "Do you feel cold?" She looked at him.

"No. Just a little out of it. Like I haven't really woken up yet." He could see the look on his mom's face and panicked a little. "You promised no doctor."

"And I meant it. No doctor. You know what? I'm gonna run you a nice bath and it'll warm you up and hopefully get you feeling better. How does that sound?" His mother smiled causing Will to not with a little smile too. His mother then went to the bathroom and filled the bathtub with warm water.

~**~

As Will walked to the bathtub, he could feel his heart rate speeding up and then images of tunnels kept coming up to him. He could feel himself sweating and it scared him. Those tunnels...

"Hey, you reached Jim. I'm probably out doing something incredible right now and I can't--" Joyce hung up the phone, slightly angered.

"Mom." She turned her head to see Will coming out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, sweetie, what is it?" She asked, putting the phone back and turning to him.

"It's too hot." Will said. Joyce looked at him a little funny... she was sure it wasn't THAT hot. She walked into the bathroom to see that the water was already almost all drained. She sighed.

"I-I can cool it down a little bit, baby, but we gotta get your body temp back up." She stated as she went to turn the water on.

"No." Joyce looked at him, shocked at what he just said.

"What?"

"He likes it cold." Will revealed. He then turned and walked away, leaving Joyce shocked.

A/N: Heyyy! Hope you like these two chapters and I wanna let you know that I'm sort of trying to rush through these bits because I wanna get to the good part lol but nonetheless I hope it wasn't TOO rushed. Happy reading!!