Chapter 008

A/N: I think I'm caught up pretty well soo here ya go! Also, my reads went from 205 earlier today to 222!

"Y-you can help us find El," Mike said. The woman took a deep breath then nodded.

"I can. But I won't."

"W-what?!" Mike yelled, clearly disturbed by Rihna's statement. "Wh-why not?! We got you out of that hellhole so you could help!" Rihna walked towards him, her hand on the sword. Everyone's eyes widened as they watched the scene in front of them unfold. No way she would hurt Mike, he was Will's friend.

"Eleven must find her own way home. She is alive and she is safe. But you cannot go looking for her. If you do, many will die. Eleven is not ready yet and neither are you." As Rihna said the last sentence, her eyes landed on (Y/N). Mike's eyes followed hers but once Rihna's gaze was back on Mike's, his eyes met hers.

"B-but..." Tears welled up in his eyes. Rihna placed a hand gently on his shoulder and spoke softly.

"She is alright Mike. She WILL return to you, but you must give her time. If she returns and is not ready, she will not be able to save you. She will not be able to save anyone. She must finish what she started." Mike looked down and nodded. Once he looked back, he saw the gentle smile from his friends.

(Y/N) was started walking towards her friends, when a force pulled her back. She let out a scream as she was pulled towards the portal.

"(Y/N)!" Everyone screamed as they ran to her, except Rihna. She held an arm out and stopped everyone and she grabbed Will's arm.

"No!"

"What do you mean no!?" Will yelled.

"You all stay here. I'll go. Be careful and aware of your surroundings." With that, the woman ran back through the portal. Everyone stood there shocked.

"AHHHH!!" (Y/N) screamed as she was being pulled through the forest. Finally, she stopped, her back hitting a tree. She frantically looked around. This was... she was in the Upside Down. She saw floating particles and the vines covering the area. It was cold and damp. It was also dark and kind of hard to see. Slowly standing up the girl looked around, then heard a growl. Her eyes widened and her heart started to beat faster and faster. She couldn't move, her legs wouldn't let her! She looked at her and there she saw a gray humanoid creature hunched over next to a tree. It stood up and looked towards her... it looked like a man, but without a face. Tears welled up in her eyes as she opened her mouth to scream but nothing came out. It opened its face, which reminded her of a flower... but held dozens of teeth inside. It bent down and launched right at her, causing the girl to close her eyes and fall back. Finally, that scream erupted from her lips as she made contact with the hard ground.