Chapter 027

A/N: BEWARE! LONG CHAPTERS AHEAD!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

(Y/N) had started to look again. She was so desperate to find Rihna that she was putting her life in danger and at this point, she was starting to regret her decision. But she couldn't go back now. She took a deep breath and looked around and then... bingo. She saw a small portal in a tree. This was it. She was going to Demogorgon and evil shadow monster territory.

"Mike... Will... I'll come back..." She then got on her hands and knees and crawled into the small space. Once she was on the other side she stood up and looked around. She could feel her heart beating faster, her palms getting sweaty, her knees were shaking, she couldn't move. She closed her eyes and inhaled once more, then she started looking for Rihna.

~**~

Max, Lucas, Dustin, and Steve were all walking through the forest when Lucas spoke up.

"You're positive that was Dart?"

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin clarified.

"He was tiny two days ago," Max interjected.

"Well, he's molted three times already."

"Malted?" Steve asked.

"Molted." Dustin repeated. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked.

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin replied. "When he does, he'll be fully grown or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve said. Lucas moved in front of Dustin and stopped him.

"Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No." Obviously he was lying.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve said, confused as to why Dustin would lie about this.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked looking at Steve.

"It's Dustin's cat."

"STEVE!" Dustin yelled.

"I knew it!" Lucas exclaimed hitting Dustin's arm. "You kept him!"

"NO! No... no, I... no, I..." Dustin gave up. "He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!" Lucas fired at him.

"I didn't know he was a demogorgon, ok?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?"

"Guys, who cares? We have to go."

"I care!" Lucas said. "You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law." Dustin was furious.

"So did you!" He yelled.

"What?" Steve rolled his eyes at them.

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin pointed his light at Max, who looked away from the blinding light. She scoffed.

"A stranger?" She walked towards them.

"You wanted to tell her too!" Lucas added.

"Yeah, but I didn't, Lucas, Ok? I didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, ok? So we're even. We're even." While they were still talking, Steve started to look around and move forward, aiming his light around.

"No no! We're not even! Don't try that! Your stupid pet could have eaten us for dinner!" Steve moved closer to where he thought the sound came from.