Chapter 016

A/N: I hate how this is part 22 but it's chapter 16. It's confusing me so much 

Joyce arrived home and went straight to Will's room. She walked in and grabbed Will's camera and looked at it for a moment. She then took out the little tape and went to her TV where she tried to put it in, but it was too small. She tried to close the top, but it didn't work, then decided to call Bob.

"RadioShack, Bob Newby speaking. How can I help ya?"

"Bob it's Joyce."

"Hey Joyce, how are you doing?"

"Hey, um... I'm trying to watch your video thingy and the tape, it's... it's tiny. It's like it's shrunk." Bob chuckled a little.

"That's 'cause it's a VHS-C, not a VHS. You gotta find the RF-P1U with the coaxial cable so you can connect the video ins and outs."

"Bob, English."

"Right. Sorry, umm..." He then started to explain to Joyce how to work the camera.

~**~
"No, yeah, I did the coaxial things in the back, so I... this one just goes into the camera itself?"

"Yeah, yeah, exactly." She plugged something into the camera and her tv screen turned blue.

"It's blue. I think it's working." She then quickly hung up while Bob was suggesting something and got to work. She pressed play and watched the video. She sped through the video to see if she could catch the bullies harassing her son. Then she saw it. Her son was walking to catch up with Mike and his friends when the bullies jumped out at him.

"Watch it zombie boy!"

"Trick or treat freak!"

"Boo!" The camera fell and she heard laughing and she felt hurt and what her son was going through. She heard a voice say loser, but then...

"Mike! Mike!" Her son came into view, calling for his friend. Joyce paused the video and saw a figure in the sky. She could see a thin outline of something. Her fingers traced over it and she got up and ran to the kitchen. She opened a drawer and grabbed some baking paper and ripped off a large bit. She grabbed a blue crayon and ran back to the TV. She placed the sheet on the tv and started to color in the shape very quickly. When she was done, she pulled the paper away from the screen and stared as the realization hit her. She ran back to the dining table where her son's drawing was. She placed them side by side and her eyes widened in horror. It was the exact same.

~**~

School was over and it was time to go home. Will wanted to get back and tell Rihna about Dart, maybe it was just a mistake... but that haunting feeling of something being in his world from the Upside Down was too strong for him to keep it in. "Will, you coming? Let's go show Mr. Clarke." Mike said as Will closed his locker. Maybe... maybe he should tell Mike. He slowly walked to Mike, with a notebook his hand. "What?" That look on his face worried Mike. "What?" He asked again, looking down at Will.

"It's about d'Artagnan," Will stated quietly.

"This is the reason I was late for class," Dustin stated, with a big smile on his face. He was with Lucas and Max who was excited to tell Mr. Clarke about little Dart. Dustin placed the box on the teacher's desk. "Pretty neat. These doors function?" He asked. "Yeah obviously. But it's not about the trap. It's what's inside. Now, this very well may change your perception of the world."

"Consider my interest piqued."

"Alright, first, let's just clarify that this is my discovery, not yours." Dustin was still worried that Mr. Clarke would steal his discovery of a "new species" and so he had to clarify this.

"Dustin, Jesus! Just show him!" Lucas yelled.

"I'm just trying to clarify—"

"Dustin!" Max said.

"Ok fine." Just then the door opened and Mike ran in with Will behind him.

"Stop!" He yelled racing to the box, relieved to see it was closed. "I'm really sorry Mr. Clarke, it was just a stupid prank!" Mike grabbed the box and hugged it close.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Dustin yelled.

"I told him to stop. We need to go! Now!" Mike didn't wait for him, he just backed out of the room and left. "RIGHT NOW!" He yelled, causing his friends to run and follow suit. On the way there, Mike saw (Y/N) getting ready to leave. He didn't say anything, he just grabbed her arm and dragged her with him.

"What?" Will was behind him and just gave her the look. She then turned and followed them.