Chapter Thirty Seven

2 years later
I was cooking dinner for myself when the doorbell rang. I ran to the door and opened it. Expecting to see James, Lily and Harry standing there the man I haven't seen in 2 years stood in front of me. "Sirius... You.. I- What are you doing he- How are you?" I was trying to find words to say. But I just couldn't. His eyes were staring right at me. "I've been in Azkaban for 2 years and the only words you could find were 'how are you?'. Well, Tessa, for the matter of fact I'm great. You have your life. The job you've always wanted and a house that is big enough for you. I waited everyday for this day. To see you again. I missed you, Tessa. A lot.." He looked at me and with his eyes he was saying he was sorry for what he did. "I can never forgive you for what you did. But that doesn't mean I don't love you. What happened back there two years ago is the past. I forgive you for your thoughts but not your actions. Eventually I'll forgive you but today is not that day, Sirius." I smiled at him and he smiled back. I invited him in and we talked all night. We only realised it was midnight after a peaceful silence fell over the room. He has changed over those years. I thought about him every day since that accident. But as time passed by I forgave him.