Crossed Paths

A/N- pretty busy, sorry that I don't update as fast as I did before.
The picture I have is the character, Lyn from Fire Emblem (or Fire Emblem VII if you have the original Japanese version). The character was one of my favorites out of all the other fire emblem games (other than Micaiah). Lyn is the inspiration I received in sketching Kika's outfit and I'm trying to give different personalities to each character.
Wattpad has been pretty mean to me lately on my laptop, but I'll try my best to at least edit some of this book every now and then!

~~~

My eyes haven't opened yet, but I heard the faint crackle of fire. It's over I thought. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the angel I saw before as well as a young elf and another person with a bow and other bizarre clothing strapped and equipped on herself. They all seem to surround the fire and eating food. The angel was bandaged up. They noticed my awakening and I pushed myself away then felt the wounds I've dealt upon myself and drooped.
"Easy there, you've taken serious damage," the angel said with no sound of aggression in his voice. I was surprised and when I looked at myself I realized I was bandaged up like the angel, but heavier.
"Why did you help me?" I asked.
"That's what I would like to know from you," the angel replied. When he asked that I rewound my memories. I remember seeing the flames and I noticed the shadows attack. I the angel help the villagers evacuate and I thought about doing what seems right. Saying that to him may be hard to believe.
"I saw you, and what you did to help. It felt right to help," I said.
"It's rare to see shadows who fight with their own will," the archer noted poking the fire with a stick then setting it ablaze for the fire.
"Soup?" The young elf offered.
"Shadows don't eat. . ." I said.
"Please, at least eat something just so that it feels satisfying," she said.
Satisfying? I don't think that's possible.
"Alright. . . thank you," I said for some reason before I could stop myself. She sat back down with a smile on her face and I felt the same feeling after drawing a sketch in the shadow spawn. I helped myself with small mouthfuls and it felt like bits of energy flowing through my body, healing it soothingly and physically.

"Where did you learn such skill in fighting? I saw you fight the first half of all of those shadows with ease, but when you fought the rest, you suffered. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Were those shadows much more skilled?" The angel asked.
"My sword. Guardian, Naid Raug resides in the gem of the sword," I said looking down at my side to my sword.
"Naid Raug? Guardian? Is he an angel?" The angel asked.
I nodded and called out to Guardian. The sword exhaled a ghostly mist and Naid Raug appeared. He yawned and sat down.
"Oh! It's the angel we saw yesterday!" Guardian said humbly surprised.
"So, you are Naid Raug?" the angel asked.
"And what of it?"
"You were a great leader of angels ever since they had guardians. Everybody seemed to have forgotten who you are and have lost interest."
"I've heard the angels have lost their respect. Both missions and for those who have fought valiantly before."
It's quite amazing that a passed away Guardian angel's ghost is speaking to what it seems to be the only mind working angel amongst all the rest. Angels are scary, but he seems nice. Well, not exactly nice, but harsh at the same time?

~~~

"Kika, you haven't eaten anything yet. . ." The young elf's voice absorbed my thoughts.
"Oh sorry, I'm not hungry right now."
"Is it because your tavern is gone?" I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth knowing I couldn't stop that raid. "Sorry. . ."
"Oh no, I should be the one who should be sorry. And thank you for being able to help and understand."
I looked at the other beings. Rade was having a conversation with the transparent angel and the shadow was looking at me with a confused and thinking face.
"Something the matter?" I asked.
"Ah, nothing," he looked away.
"I understand, I get looks at my clothes all the time," I assured, "at least you aren't the ones who try and take me."
"What's wrong with your clothes?" Flecin asked.
"There's a purposefully cut for my leg to be exposed. Apparently everyone thinks I am an easy target, but that just angers me. This is what my tribe wore, so I wear it with pride!"
Rade and the other angel had turned their attention to my conversation.
"You said you were the last of your tribe. Do you mind if you explain a little more about it?" Rade asked.
I nodded slowly and inhaled then exhaled deeply. "My tribe is filled with proud people. They were quite nomadic, always traveling from one place to another being fed by the land and caring for it all at the same time."
"So what happened that made you the last?" Flecin asked.
"We were constantly attacked by brigands of the mountains. I remember. . . nevermind." I cut off.
"Wh-"
"So, what's your name, shadow?" I asked cutting off Rade. It felt bad, but I just can't.
Surprised, the shadow nervously scratched the back of his head and looked down at the earth he was sitting atop of. "Void," he said.
"So, how do you and Guardian here fight to be so good?" I continued asking.
"Guardian can possess me for a short period of time before the two of us become exhausted. Since it was an emergency I thought it would be good then at the raid," Void said not really facing any of us.
We had a moment of silence and Rade spoke, "let's all get some rest tonight and continue moving tomorrow."
"Wait. . . me too?" Void realized.
"Wait! Hold on a minute, Rade!" I said, "you, an angel, you. You trust him? A shadow?"
"He saved me. That's enough to say that I have his trust," Rade said.
We all looked at Void and he nervously looked down, away from our sight. His hair looks like it has the texture of charcoal, his skin reminds me of bread dough and even only a split second, his eyes remind me the moon and night sky swapped light and dark.
"Wait, you want me to come along?" I realized as well.
"Your home was burned down. You don't expect us to leave you here?"
I felt my head ache, "don't think I'm just a frail girl! Do you hear me?" I yelled.
Everyone was rather surprised and looked at one another and at me. "Sorry, it's just. . . nothing. It's just there's enough resources in the mountains to survive, but I guess I'll tag along. I'm curious about all of you."
Void looked at me, flicked his eyes back and looked down. He's probably curious for my attitude.
"Okay then. . . I trust everyone here. That's what I am saying. I plan to end the war slowly and once and for all, so we might have to sacrifice, can I borrow everyone's strength?" Rade asked.
I didn't expect him to say that all of the sudden. What's even more bizarre is that Void raised his fist up in agreement. Flecin did the same thing. Then Guardian. I felt myself smile knowing that these aren't normal beings, they have a certain mindset. . . I wonder. I too raised my fist. Rade kept his expression strong and raised his own.