Interference

Rade dropped silent when I told him about Caliber's wish to join us. Everyone else didn't mind too much, but knowing what happened to Flecin, Rade was having a hard time deciding.
"A-Alright," he said finally, unsure of himself.
Caliber looked happy, I just hoped that doesn't change, and also knowing he hasn't left his hometown I'm not sure how long he may last outside these mountain walls. Caliber talked to the others and my emotions turned when I saw everyone talking to the gray boy as an equal.
"Those clothes suit you," Lan said.
"Really? I think so too. Thanks," I said.
"He's interesting, that's for sure," Lan said standing next to me watching over him.
"Yes, he has an interesting story as well."
"Now you got me curious."
I merely chuckled. I looked over at Rade and he sighed to himself but smiled along with everyone else.

~~~

After explaining the situation once more to everyone we left town with no resistance whatsoever. We walked our way from the rocky terrain back to the soft green grass.
"So much color. . ." Caliber gasped looking around. He knelt down and touched the grass and couldn't bear and dropped down and rolled. "So soft!" That was the joy I felt when I left the shadow haven.
After about five minutes of Caliber getting used to everything we continued walking on. This may have been the first time Caliber has walked so much and far. However living in the mountains may have given him more strength than anyone else.
"Hold on," Fang said raising his arm stopping everyone. He aimed his rifle and used the scope looking around. "We have a little angel and shadow skirmish ahead."
"Are they here for the scion as well?" Caliber asked.
"Not likely. Not many know or remember the scion of the land. And it would be too much of a coincidence," Rade hypothesized.
"What should we do?" Lan sighed.
"The shadows seem to be along the side of the mountains while the angels have hardly any cover in the plains," Lily pointed out.
"Fang, take this," Caliber said handing Fang one of his cube gadgets.
"The drone?" I wondered.
"No, it's a turret. Please use that when things get tight," Caliber said as he started setting up another cube.
"What's that?" Rade asked.
"Don't worry, I'll be there shortly! Could I have one helper though?" Caliber asked.
"I guess I will," Lan said looking back at all the bullets flying back and forth, "I can't do much in a situation like that anyways."
"I guess we'll start going alongside the mountains. We'll take out each side slowly," Rade thought.
The rest of us made our move as we went alongside the mountain. Whenever Fang had the chance he brought out his rifle and shot anyone in sight. We managed to get close enough to the shadows where close combat proved useful. The shadows were caught off guard and they were practically nothing. More shadows appeared however from the side of the mountain. Fang deployed the cube and it unfolded to a turret like Caliber said. We stood behind the ling of fire as Fang operated the machine to do the hard work.
"This is. . . proving to be very useful," Fang said in awe. After all the shadows were finished the turret looked to be smoked. Fang found a button to return back to a cube and he did that. We forgot about the angels and they had their chance to form their lines and attack us.
An explosion ruined their line, then another. I looked to the right and saw that there was a large machine moving quite fast to the battle.
"Is that a tank?!" Fang exclaimed. The angels turned their attention to the "tank" and fired their shots at it. The bullets were nothing to this armored. . . thing. It had a large barrel and it fired devastating shots at the angels. The angels called a retreat, as they flew up Kika and Fang shot down some angels before they can reach safety.

~~~

Lan popped out from the top of the tank and he had a big grin on his face. Caliber climbed on out and carefully made his way down. He opened his bag and brought out a welding mask, gloves and blowtorch and made small repairs to his vehicle.
"Caliber. . . did you make that?" Void asked first.
"Um. . . yes. It's actually still a work in progress, but. . . let's just say I never got the chance to test it out!" He explained.
The tank was almost as tall as two people, it was massive. I've never been near an actual tank, even if this isn't official. The color was still the color of gray metal. The barrel wasn't too large and the wheels and treads were also quite large. To think that this was the cube we've seen.
Caliber finished and I gave him the turret back. "Thanks, Caliber. This was useful. It seemed to be smoking a little however."
"Oh don't worry. When not in use the core will recharge itself," Caliber said putting the cube away along with his welding mask and blowtorch.
"Core?" Kika questioned.
"The tank, drone and turret I have, they all have a 'core.' It recharges while it is in a cube, or not in use. The shots fired from them is really just energy from the core," he explained.
"That's pretty neat!" Xane said.
"It's quite amazing in there!" Lan panted.
"The tank can last a while when it comes to just moving. Do you want a ride?" Caliber asked.
Unanimously we wanted to. We all climbed in. Surprisingly there was more space on the inside than I thought there would be from the outside. Caliber moved a few levers and the tank begun to move faster than if we were to walk. Caliber looked around and checked the dials and such. After a few minutes he grew a little more comfortable and moved a little faster. He may be small, but wow can he do a lot.