Tribal Mark

I forgot when I woke up, but I hear the sounds of someone practicing outside. I sat up from the floor and looked at everyone sleeping peacefully next to one another undisturbed. I looked around and thought Void was the one practicing outside. I decided to head out and I was correct. Guardian stood in near Lily's home watching Void's training from afar.
"Ah, you're up," Guardian said.
"Yup. How long was Void awake?" I asked.
"Few hours before the sun rose."
"Really? He must really want to get used to his weapon quickly."
"Agreed. As he trained, having me in his pocket really annoyed me. So, he left the crystal where I stand. Now, just watching Void train really reminds me when I had my training. Only, Void is training a little more freely. I used to train from sun up to sun down almost everyday. Angels back then were fierce and respectable when it comes to training. Now, I feel as though their emotions have taken over and they've turned both lazy and evil, doing as they please."
"I can see that," I said watching Void's movements with the spear.
"He still has a long way to go. Rade, why not you help train him? You are familiar with both a long handle weapon and a sword. Why not give him a little support?"
"You have a point. Sure, I should exercise a bit. I could learn a thing or two from him as well!" I thought. I went to Void and he was panting and happy to see me.
"Hey, Void! Let's practice a bit."

~~~

I felt a little lightheaded. I opened my eyes and I was in a bed in a dimly lighted room. Was it morning? I sat up and realized I had my armor and shirt off. I looked over and saw my clothes sorted out on a wooden chair and table. I had to get up, but my body is telling me to go back to sleep. I covered myself in the blankets and I was too tired to think about the circumstances. They probably bought a room from the inn.
The door squeaked open and I turned to see Kika. I blinked then panicked.
"K-Kika. I- Don't come any closer!" I exclaimed.
"I already know," Kika said.
"You. . . do?" I asked sitting up as she got closer.
"The arrows, your reasoning in joining the bandits, your interest in me. I understand."
"I. . . I guess it was obvious. . ." I sighed and shoved the blankets away and turned. "The mark. It was on the back of my right shoulder. I was told by the chief that I was a curse. I had to leave the tribe. It wasn't my choice, I just had to."
"There was a boy who sat under the tree watching the other kids play. Were you him?" Kika asked.
"Yes. . . and you were the chief's daughter, Kitaka, correct?"
"Yes, but having my name named after a tribe doesn't suit too well. So, I prefer Kika. . . Zika. . . that's your real name, isn't it?"
"Yes. . . it is. . . Can I ask you a favor?"
"You want to be a member of the Kitaka tribe again?"
". . . You knew. . ." I sighed.
"Well, you were said to be a curse of the tribe. However, we are the last remaining. . . It shouldn't hurt to."
"Thank you Kika. . ."
"I haven't done anything yet. Get your clothes on and we'll get on with a small ceremony."
"Is it okay to have a bite afterwards? I'm starving," I asked getting my shirt and armor on.
"Sure, Zika. Sure. . ." Kika trailed off gathering things as I followed.

~~~

Lily said she would be back real soon. I'm worried. I got up and grabbed my bandages. I stopped and thought through what my sister said and Flecin. I wrapped up my scars on my arms and left my head the way it is and left the house.

I walked around town and wondered around. You could really get lose walking around here. Out of luck I saw my sister in the distance and I went up to her.
"Lily!" I called out.
She had bags of groceries and I wondered why she went out to get more.
"Oh, hi, Syf."
"Why aren't you at the Knight Academia?" I asked.
"Oh. . . well. . ."

"Failed?!" I exclaimed. We sat on a bench in the middle of town. People were bustling around left and right buying what they need, or just walking around.
"There are just some things you can't do and some things you can. It's not pretty. . . Oh well, I would never want to serve as a night under those circumstances. . . " Lily said.
"You were so smart. . . and brave. . . and strong. Why don't they see that?" I thought. I've always looked up to my sister. I wanted to be like her one day. But, I'm nowhere near.
"You're sweet Syf. But, the rules have changed over time. If I can't be a knight, so be it. I'll just continue to be a watch guard."
I didn't know what to do or say. I felt as though there was nothing that can be done.
"It's alright, Syf. I guess that's life. . ."
"If that's how things are, then I guess there's nothing I can do. . . But, no matter what you are, you'll always be a knight to me."
Lily sniffed and smiled. "Thank you, Syf. . . you're always the nicest person I knew. . . I'm glad you came to see me."
"Me too. . ." I smiled wiping a tear from her eye.
"Can I see you conjure a fire spell at home?"
"Of course!"
"I've always liked your fire magic. They are so. . . calm and nice."

~~~

Using a pistol is easy after using it a couple of times. Aiming and firing at a target takes a little more practice. Moving targets are rather difficult, especially if there is no pattern. I aimed carefully at the rocks I placed out in different levels with a rock on top as a target. I faced the dark forest so that I'm not shooting in the direction of the town. I fired and missed. It took me a couple of shots to hit a rock target. I reloaded and thought this was hopeless, I'll run out of ammo.
"Heard some shots," Kika said behind me. Xane was there too.
"Yeah. I'm not that skilled with a firearm," I explained.
"Here, I got a bag of bullets for no reason really. Got them from some enemies," Xane said.
"This is. . . a lot," I said.
"We can practice with you," Kika said.
"You sure?"
"Of course. Bows and guns are different, but they have the same purpose. We learn as we do. I'm sure I have some shooting tips for you," Kika said.
"I used to use a bow, but now I don't as you can see," Xane said.
"Any help is great," I said setting the bag down and aiming with my pistol and firing.
"Align your sights and be still," Kika said firing an arrow almost hitting a rock target.
"I think squeezing the handle and trigger is steadier," Xane examined my grip.
I tried squeezing. I missed, but it was definitely better.
"One thing everyone should know how to do is to take a deep breath and fire midway from exhaling," Kika said demonstrating. She hit the rock target.
I tried to copy what she did. I breathed in and let out a little. I fired and the rock target exploded to tiny pieces.
"Hey, a hit!" Xane applauded.
"A little more practice and you'll get the hang of it!" Kika encouraged.
"Thanks to you two!" I thanked.