Reasons

A flying fortress.
Turbines turning, electricity jolting around the machine. A part of the ship has opened and there were familiar masked people who threw out chains at me and lured me in. I tried to resist, but the more I resisted the tighter it got. I was dragged into the flying ship and the wall closed. The masked men surrounded me and I couldn't do anything.

"This is the angel the boss wanted," one of them said.
This must be Them.
"Should we kill this angel before he somehow is able to attack us?" one of them said.
"He is dangerous, but he said not to. . ." The hooded man turned to me then looked back at the one who asked, "nevermind. Did anyone call him?"
"He's on his w-"
*Thunk!*
Something dented the metal ship.
"Something hit us!"
"It wasn't lethal though. . ."
"Why aren't the defense mechanisms working?"
"Maybe they overheated?"
"Impossible!"
An explosion took place above us. Shards of metal rained on us and we were forced to look down or have our eyes damaged. Someone came down and attacked the hooded people before they could be able to interprit who it was.
"Rade!"
"Void? What are you doing here? What of the titan?" I asked as he freed me from the net.
"That's the thing. It stopped."
"Stopped?"
"Even I don't have an answer," Guardian spoke.
"How'd you get here?"
"I may only have one wing, but I forced to climb up by fighting."
I can't imagine Void doing that. Fighting angels and shadows, probably use them as a step. Yet, here he is.
"We have to go! It seems like the dragon is not an ally at all. It's causing destruction!"
I was so confused. I grabbed a hold on Void and flied out from where Void came in from. Only, it felt as though time froze and someone appeared in front of us and punched us somehow with much force. Void and I smashed against the ship's floor and we looked up and just saw a simple human. He wore a long black coat and we can see he is strapped with belts and such. I can see a pistol straddled on his side and a simple sword. His right hand. . . glowed.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"You know. I came here without an answer, so I made my own answer to end this war." He said in a calm and in a voice from his gut.
"Then why are you causing harm to the people?" Void asked.
"Would you believe if I said I summoned the dragon here?"
"Why and how would you?" I asked.
"None of that matters now. . . Now. . . let us end this!" He said as he raised his glowing hand into the air. I felt like I couldn't move. He pulled out his pistol and fired. Only, the strangest thing was that the bullets stayed in the air. Is he controlling time? He released his grip and the bullets hit me dead center of my chest.
"Rade!" Void called.
"You can't beat me," he said.
"Try me!" I groaned. I got up slowly as Void charged in first. He missed his stab and the man pulled out his sword to block right before Void could hit him. The man whipped his hand and Void was sent flying. Void landed on his feet and skidded back.
"I've never seen a human hold so much magic. . ." Void muttered.
"I don't believe it's magic. . . I don't feel anything of the sort," Guardian spoke.
I clashed my sword against his, "why are you doing this?" I asked. I wanted answers.
"You are strong. . ." He said.
I continued my strikes as he parries and avoids them. I came for a stab, I missed except scratching his arm.
"You're not invincible," I realized.
"No, I'm very much human," he replied. He froze time again and shot three bullets once again. Before time was moving again, I felt Void push me down and avoided the bullets.
"It seems like he can only control time in a certain area," he noted.
"Alright, let's get him," I muttered charging forward along with Void. Right when we landed the attack, he disappeared.
"Behind!" Guardian called. Void turned around swiftly and blocked a sword swing.
"Teleport?" I thought.
"It seems as though I am outnumbered," he jumped back and fired more rounds. Void couldn't react and was hit. The man teleported once more in front of Void. I tried to stop him but he shot a round at me before I could do anything and he fired at the shadow crystal.

~~~

"Guardian!" Void called.

There was no response from the fragments of the gemstone.
"Damn you!" Void roared. Void attacked relentlessly as the man dodged he did get a few hits.
"Good. . ." He said softly.
I caught up with Void and I leapt in front of him and continued his streak. We managed to corner him and my last hit crippled him. The two of us came for a final hit. We were stopped yet again with his power. Somehow, we moved just a little bit. I heard Void yell and I joined him as we put our energy against his. The powers stopped and we hit him.

"Answers!" I said.
"You. . . did it. . ." he said.
Void didn't say anything as he was too angry to comprehend Guardian's- no, the death of Naid Raug.
"When two forces. . . are in a never ending war. . . what would you do to stop it?" He asked.
"End it," I said simply.
"How?"
"By fighting." I said.
"Good. . ."
"Did you ask yourself the same question?" I asked.
"Yes. . . What was needed. . . was another force. . ." he said.
"Another force?" I questioned.
"I made the third force. . . Then the other two forces. . . will have to cooperate. . ." I was starting to understand his intent.
"In order to make both sides end, you decided that you yourself would be their enemy. Then, both sides will end their attacks on one another and understand cooperation."
"Correct. . ."
"Naid Raug. . ." Void sighed.
"It's not over though. . . defeat the dragon. . . then they. . . will. . . understand. . ."
"Wait, who are you?" I asked. He raised his hand and our hands too began to glow.
"Just. . . a. . . human. . ." he breathed then stopped.
"He chose to be the bad guy for the good. . ." I said.
"I. . ." Void didn't know what to say.
We felt the air lighten and we realized that the ship was failing. I grabbed onto Void and flew out. I saw something I never expected. I saw the angels and shadows fighting against the dragon. The dragon was killing many so they had to add their numbers to face off against it.
"It worked. . ." I said.
"Rade. . ." Void cried and he was bleeding quite a bit. So was I.
"Do you need to rest?"
"No. . . Let's end this war," he said with a glowing fist.
"We may die. . ." I said gripping my fingers as well, "are you ready?"
"More than ever. . ." Void smiled sadly.

We flew up quite high and we were just above the dragon's head.
"I think the scion's blessing wasn't actually a blessing. . ." Void said.
"Why do you think?" I asked.
"The scion must've given that human power. The man believed he would end the war his own way, and now we are carrying his wish too."
"Right. . . They decided to make this being to have someone trustworthy to destroy it."
"It sounds so simple, but I think it shouldn't be shared to others," Void said.
"Right. . . You ready?"
"Yes."
I threw void upward and the two of us were falling down against the dragon's head. Our hands glowed with the scion's power and we knew we would not survive this, but this is for everyone.
"Hey Rade," Void asked.
"Yeah, Void?" I questioned.
"Thank you for having me," he said.
"Of course. Thank you." I replied.
We were nearing the surface and we gripped our weapons ever so tightly and we landed our hit. The force was so powerful I felt like I could explode at any moment. We still had our weapons cut deep and the dragon roared in pain.
I then felt as though my body has disappeared and I became nothing more than the space in the sky.