Trial of Self

I glumly woke up from hearing the sounds of the tank sputtering. I shook my head and as I was still coming to my senses the tank slowed to a halt.
"The Myriad needs a break," Caliber said tuning things down and waking everyone else up. I scratched my head and woke up Xane who happens to be snoozing next to me. We all got out of the tank and Caliber began returning the tank back to a cube. Once that was done we all continued our way and thought we saw our destination right in front of us.

I checked my bag in case we still have food and realized we didn't have much left, and I didn't have many arrows left. Maybe after we finish this up I should restock on food.
The area we entered certainly caught our breaths. Stone pillars covered in moss stood tall from the pool of clear water and water was coming out in the center. The waterfall divided and formed a entrance. We entered the stone structure and some stones brightened and revealed a staircase spiraling downward. We made our way down. Once we made it to the flat floor again there was a hallway leading to a person sleeping. He looked like Xane. In fact, an exact replica. I looked at Xane and he was there, he looked at me as well with the same confusing look. The copy slept on a throne made up of beautiful crystal glass.
"Flecin?" Rade asked walking forward slowly. Flecin? Does he see something else?
"You see Flecin?" I asked.
"Don't you?" Rade asked.
"No, I see Xane," I said.
"I see you, Kika," Xane replied.
This is. . . strange.
The being got up and yawned. It opened its eyes and spoke in a calm yet divine voice, "What you see is who you care most of."
Xane and I looked away in realization.
"I see. . . her. . ." Fang sighed.
"Mother. . ." Caliber blinked, "Father. . ."
"Syf. . ." Lily drifted.
"What do you see Lan?" Xane asked.
"My mother. . . I think. I've never seen her so. . ." Lan said his eyes wide and looks like he might cry rather than smile for once.
"I shall hold a trail to the one who doesn't see anyone they care deeply for. That person may then have my assistance in whatever way possible. But only after the trail will I then comprehend whether you are worthy or not."
"The one that doesn't see anyone they care deeply for?" Rade questioned. He then turned back and we all did as well.
"Void. What do you see?" Rade asked.
"I. . . I only see a ball of radiant light," he said.
"That's unexpected. The shadow has to complete the trail," Lan said.
Void shifted nervously.
"I'm sure I can assist," Guardian asked.
"No. That is not possible. Ghost or not," the scion said.
Void realized he was put on the spot and he gritted his teeth.
"Void, it's alright," I said, "you don't have to do this. This may end up costing your life," I said.
"No, I'll do it," he said without hesitation after I said that.
"Wait, Void. You should think this through," Guardian said as Void handed over the shadow crystal to Rade.
"I've already had a nagging feeling this was going to happen," Void sighed, "I'm ready."
He turned to face the scion.
"Are you ready to face the trial?" The scion said.
"Yes," Void said.
"Very well, be careful." The scion then smiled and a bright light flashed and took Void away.
"Your friend is not hurt. But, he may face serious injury," the scion warned.
"I hope he'll be okay," Lily said.
I hope so too.

~~~

It seems like Kika went out to gather more food. I sat on the ground just waiting. Thinking. About nothing really.
"Rade. Have you ever been in a graveyard?" I asked.
"Now that you mention it, I don't think I have."
"Does the same go for Void?" I wondered.
"No, I was found in the graveyard from Void. He didn't seem unfazed by it however, but I'm not sure," guardian said.
"I see. . ."

~~~

The reason wasn't because I had to. But since everyone else had someone to fight for then if they lost to this trial, their life would be unfulfilled. So, that must be the reason why the scion wanted me to do this. Me, a vessel and nothing more to help the others.
I opened my eyes and found myself lying down on hard rock terrain. I heard the divine voice speak to me in my head, "In this trial, we shall see if you are capable of defeating your own memories as if they have become alive. It may seem weird, however you are a different shadow and I'm sure you have gone through certain things. After defeating your memory, you might. . . remember something. Anyways, good luck."
My head felt lighter and a bright number of my memories floated in the air. I looked around and it was as if I was rereading a book from a long time ago. Did all of these things really happen? The memories came together and morphed into somebody. Me.

I pulled out my spear while my copy pulled out my crossbow sword. I have less weapon experience when it comes to a spear, so it dawned to me that I was clearly in a disadvantage. I still have to do my best for the others. I moved forward slowly, about halfway the copy lunged forward using wings to glide just above the ground. He swooped for a slash. I managed to block the attack, but after that strike he stabbed the ground and turned back for a kick at my spine. I felt my face skid from the rock floor and I quickly got up with an aggravated eye. I charged forward. The copy charged as well. I stabbed the ground and swung around like what my copy did before. I'm fighting a mirror. And I only have once chance to do this. Otherwise I fail, dead.