Odd One Out

The shadows were causing damage to the village and the people ran, panicked, and even killed. We ran towards the uproar and they noticed us right away. I threw my scythe and it cut off two shadow heads before they dissolved into dark dust. They all then targeted and swarmed over us. Shots were fired, fortunately Flecin created a barrier and protected us. Kika cocked three arrows and fired them all at once. One missed but two hit and they fell.
"There's too many of them," Kika said as we continued to fight off their numbers, "I can't do anything when it comes to close combat."
I nodded and looked over to Flecin. She looks tired, her magic has probably drained her. I fought against those who were getting close. I stabbed the earth with my scythe and spun myself kicking the shadows that tried to surround me. I switched my scythe to a sword and changed my fighting style catching the shadows off guard. A bullet hit me in the shoulder and a shadow ran up to me with the upper hand with a swing for my head. I blocked but he continued swinging his ax stressing my shoulder further. An arrow hit the shadow's body, he turned then hit the face. I looked where he was looking. I thought it was Kika but it was just another shadow who lowered his sword on his side. I noticed his sword wasn't made of obsidian and it had a crossbow attached to it.
"Rade!" Kika called out and I turned to fight off another shadow. I blocked and struck his body in half. I looked back and the odd shadow disappeared. What was that just then? Certainly he couldn't have missed those two shots on purpose. . . I let go of the thought and focused on what was happening at the moment. Flecin looked like she could fall asleep in all the chaos. A shadow flew by for her. I ran and leapt forward tackling Flecin away from the attack. Flecin was probably so fatigued that she became unconscious.
"It's no use, there's too many!" Kika said moving back.
"Kika, take Flecin! I'll do my best to fight them off! For now please take Flecin to a safe place and make sure everyone else evacuates!" I ordered.
"Are you sure you will be okay?"
"I doubt it. Just . . . go!" Kika stood for a few seconds then carried Flecin away.
"Alright you bastards, come and get me." I said in a voice only I could hear.

I continued in my best ability to fight. The bullet wound felt like nothing now and the village was burning. Fortunately there were no longer that many people  running around so some should have at least escaped. I getting rather tired though and the shadows don't stop fighting. It seems that the shadows have stopped coming but the rest of these shadows all targeted me. I fought off multiple shadows but being surrounded by very many is rather difficult, and I only have one close ranged weapon. Arrows flew and I avoided, then the shadows came close. I ducked a horizontal swing and struck an uppercut under their chin and swung my scythe at their hit body. Due to my stamina I was too tired to see the next strike. I was pierced at my side from a spear. I jumped back from the other attackers and groaned. I can barely stand. I held my scythe out to try and intimidate them, but then dropped from the injury. It's no use.
I then heard a groan from a shadow. I looked up and saw one drop on their knees and then front, soon turned to black dust. The shadows looked around and literally from the shadows the same one appeared before jumped out in surprise and sliced another's head clean off. The shadows targeted him instead probably because he was a traitor. His movements were unreal. A shadow couldn't have possibly learned those moves. He blocked and struck counterattacks as if he did this everyday. After at least over a half of the shadows were slain the odd shadow seemed tired all of the sudden. His movements now didn't seem so expertly as it did before. He leapt and rolled out of the way and rushed towards the back of his one kind and stabbed them savagely in the back. Another came with a downward swing, it barely missed and he used a swing from the ground up and struck another's side. He reloaded his crossbow after killing and moved on to the last two. The shadows had a spear and a rifle. The rifle fired multiple times and a few shots hit him. The other shadow approached him and attempted a stab. The odd shadow ducked only allowing the other shadow to raise and strike down at him. I heard his struggle and he was knocked out. I then felt something spark within me. I ignored my pain and stood. I saw the shadow raise his spear to end their traitor. I ran forward and threw my scythe. It cut his head off before ending the other's life. I heard a shot and it hit my side. I lost balance and tripped over the dirt path and slid next to the unconscious shadow. The shadow with the rifle held out a knife as he came by. I saw the weapon the odd shadow had and I quickly deployed the weapon and fired at the last shadow. Every shadow has turned to dust, the village has been burned down, some of the villagers had their chance to escape, and this this shadow had just saved my life. I looked down at the shadow who had sacrificed themselves for me. He looked quite young. He didn't look like the strong type, so I question how he has such talent in fighting, at least for a short while. I looked at his sword and wondered why it was different, I'll have to ask him. . . if he is willing to. I am now too tired to do anything else. If I sleep now however if I sleep now, this shadow would be seen just like the rest. I struggled to stand and carry the knocked out shadow and his sword, I carried him and followed where Kika may have taken Flecin. And I walked out of the disaster of what's left of the village.