A path

It burns! I thought avoiding the sunlight and staying under the trees for protection. This is NOT fun at all! I walked along the shadow and I skidded a little by accident causing my leg to be exposed to water. It kills.
I grunted in pain as I quickly scampered away. Normally normal things in life hurts Shadows the most. I could still feel the wetness of silver blood on me. Why? How can I see it?
As I slowly recovered I continued on the move. Where to? Don't know, all I can think about doing is to survive. I retracted my cape into wings and checked its condition. It's good to fly but while I'm burning? Probably not.
Then the thought came to me. Why am I a shadow who hates suffering? We're made for that! Or it could just be me. . .
Chk!
Arrow, I thought looking at an arrow at a nearby tree trunk. I jumped and ran as a barrage of arrows flew towards me.
Pow!
A gunshot shot me in the chest as I stumbled down. I moved away from the light as three Angels surrounded me.
"Look! A lone shadow!" An Angel said.
"Exterminate him!"
I have no other choice.
I brought out my sword as they brought out their weapons. A sword, gun-bow, and an ax.
The one with the gun-bow flew away somewhere while the other two attacked. Another shot of a gun hit me in the leg. I struggled to stand as I blocked a sword swing and stabbed the ax Angel and silver blood fell where he stood. The sword Angel was fast and I couldn't really act to kill. An arrow shot and missed. I dodged another sword swing and I predicted the next shot of a bullet as I held onto the sword Angel as a shield and slit his throat after his body was used and shot an arrow at where the sniper was and the three Angels faded.
I panted and I struggled with my wounds as I ran away from the silver blood and abandoned weapons. I tripped over a tree root and my last thought that came through me before I went unconscious was, why was reality so cruel?

I woke up pain etched across my face and I woke up in a swamp-like area. I noticed the trees looked like the rain that is pouring right now. Great, death all around.
I sat there slumped and I got up and felt the leaves that hung within the tree. It's dry and I could use it! I pulled a few out hoping I didn't hurt the tree and I wrapped the fibers over my wounds. That should do me some good!

I waited to what seemed like hours until the rain finally stopped and the mud was stickly wet and the grass held on with the rain dew that rained a while ago. I got up and felt my mind hazy and tired from the drizzle. I continued my way to find a place to properly rest. The clouds covered the sun's scorching light as I watched up in the sky from time to time just in case if the sun breaks through.

I walked in a very pained manner as I walked through the bushes ahead and saw a squad of Angels preparing an attack near some sort of cave. Probably the dwarves. Dwarves always valued shiny things yet they do make good quality weapons and armor. But I'm pretty sure they hate both Angels and Shadows for working them to death in this bloody war.
Only problem thing is that when I saw them, they noticed me.
"A shadow! Get him!" An Angel said as the rest charged after me. There were about ten! I panicked as I  tried my best to run but they got a hold of me and threw me around. I got hit by the many jagged rocks and boulders until I accidentally fell into the bottomless pit in the cave.

I woke up and found myself in a haystack. Thank the. . . I don't know who to thank! Pain still hurt all around and I still hadn't forgotten, the Angels want the dwarves especially me, dead.
I got up and I saw the dwarves. They had droopy ears. They were short yet they were pretty capable with their strength swinging a pickaxe everyday. They have lights on their helmets like every other miner would have.
"A Shadow?" A dwarf mused as the other dwarves negotiated.
"There's an attack being setup outside!" I explained, "they attacked me and I fell down here."
Sounds of guns rang through the tunnels.
"Run!" I said. They did as the Angels came swooping down and entrapped me in a circle of light.
"Pitiful Shadows always ruining everything, especially their own selves!" An Angel said.
A rock came out of nowhere and hit a few Angels. I didn't hesitate as I killed an Angel, stabbing through him and shooting a bolt at a distant Angel.
"Get hi-"
Another rock.
I looked and saw the dwarves had some sort of cannon that fired rocks. I smiled towards them as I tried to fight them back. An Angel tried to stab me with a spear. I avoided and shot him with an arrow and threw the spear at a berserk Angel coming towards me with an axe. A had to parry against an Angel swordsman. He went for my head but I blocked and attacked his opening at his stomach. That was the last of them and the dwarves cheered.

"Why are you the only shadow here?" A dwarf asked after the battle allowing me to stay and rest in a large open area where there are strange machines and barrels and carts of shiny jewelry and rocks.
"We were attacked, as usual but the Shadows must've thought I was useless and they tried to kill me themselves. Look, this sword isn't obsidian."
"No, it's not," the dwarf said, "but you still managed to kill a couple of well trained angels with those wounds intact."
"True," I replied, "but I have nowhere to go. So I think I'll just keep going and. . . who knows what might happen."
"Just rest a here a little longer, we can tend your wounds." The dwarf said.
"Thank you," I replied.
"Thank you. . ." the dwarf trailed off, "hadn't heard that since. . ."
"Uhh, is every-"
"That's right!" The dwarf exclaimed, "there was a similar person like you!"
"Person? As in human?" I thought disgusted. Humans always have wars except it's for more stupid reasons and their numbers too large for the world to even manifest itself.
"No, there was an Angel who escaped years before. . . maybe you can find him, yet he was quite old and he might have died afterwards from how light he became." The dwarf said tending his wounds.
"So, what does that mean?" I asked.
"Go the the endless graveyard, sure I might be asking you to walk a traumatic path, but it might help you!"
"I only want this war to be over!" I exclaimed.
"And that will raise your chances!" The dwarf said running to grab something. He ran back with a black crystal that swirled a mysterious black. "This is the Shadow crystal."
"Shadow crystal? As a Shadow I'm not sure what it is." I said.
"Well, that's the point. What it does it allows you to become a shadow yourself, it depletes your energy just as you do flying but this can prove useful!" The dwarf said handing the crystal to me.
"Why me?" I asked quizzically.
"Because you are a shadow who views things differently and there is an Angel who views that like you. Forming an alliance and ending this finally for once."
"What are the odds?" I asked.
"Slim," he grimaced.
I stood and chuckled, "better than none!" I said.
"Oh yes, I forgot. I can help equip that crystal within your sword if you want."
"Sounds good! I said handing him the crystal and sword.
"This might take the whole night, but the crystal will enable you withstand the sun," the dwarf said, "so stay here for the night and rest, you deserve it."
"Thank you!" I said as he walked away.