Chapter 4

Unfortunately management had a different plan for us. While heading to our hotel at 5:00 am seemed perfectly reasonable to us, Modest thought of it as a great opportunity to plug our upcoming concert on the morning radio show circuit. We were shuttled from talk show to talk show, yukking it up and laughing along with the hosts and doing our best to put our winning personalities on display.

Most of the interviews were filmed as well, so we had a couple wardrobe changes along the way. Caroline knew each of our personal styles pretty well, so I generally just wore whatever she told me to, but today I saw an Elvis t-shirt that I thought Harry would appreciate. I pulled it on, and was rewarded with a smile and a wink from Harry as he noticed it. He eyed me up and down, and I felt my body heat up under his gaze.

I suspected that he was as disappointed as I was that we'd been interrupted on the plane, and that he was looking forward to heading to the hotel as well. He seemed to be finding as many excuses to touch me as possible, and I was lapping the attention up. To the other guys it probably just appeared that we were our normal joking selves, though possibly a bit more giddy than usual due to tiredness. But I noticed the subtle shift in Harry's demeanor. The way he leaned into my touch as I ruffled his curls, and how his hand lingered on my cheek as we play fought with one another.

We seemed to become more bold as the day wore on. During one particularly long interview all five of us were crammed together on one couch. I was sandwiched in between Louis and Harry, and I was having trouble focusing on the interviewer due to Harry being so close. At one point it became obvious that neither of us were paying attention to anything but each other. We were all pressed against one another, but he somehow managed to lean in even closer and whisper, "You smell so good Zee," before wrapping his arm around my waist. I practically fucking melted into him and he began to nuzzle my chin and cheek, completely oblivious to the camera.

It felt so good, and I tightened my arm around his shoulder to bring him closer before I felt Louis tense beside me. He flipped his hair and I looked up to see management gesticulating for Harry and I to separate. I did so reluctantly, though I started to get a sinking feeling in my stomach that we'd gone too far. Hopefully it looked like he was just whispering something in my ear. Hopefully people wouldn't be able to tell how turned on I was getting.

The interview continued and we raved about our fans and how much we loved being on tour blah blah blah before the talk turned a little more personal.

"Harry, how's your love life going? Is there someone special you're hoping to spend the holidays with?"

"Ummm, I'm not sure. There might be," he answered slowly, a grin brightening his face as he snuck a glance at me.

I tried and failed miserably to hide my smile. Hell, I was pretty much glowing at the thought that he could be talking about me. The interviewer snapped me out of my happy musings as she turned her attention to me.

"How about you Zayn? Do you and Perrie have any romantic plans for the holiday season?"

I immediately went into business mode. Luckily management had told me of Perrie's whereabouts earlier, so I was prepared with an answer.

"We're both so busy working that unfortunately we won't get to see each other for a bit. She's in Australia right now, but I've arranged for a special surprise for her." I could feel Harry pull away from me as I spoke and I looked over to see him frowning.

"It must be hard having a long distance relationship. What sort of romantic things do you guys like to do?"

"Well she means the world to me, and we make sure that we talk and Skype several times a day. As long as you have love and trust I think you can make it through anything." I knew that I was just digging myself deeper and pissing Harry off more, but I honestly didn't know how else to respond.