:Chapter 28:

:Dalton:

"You saw The First?" Nico asked as we sat down at a table in the café away from everyone. Isabella nodded. "Is that why you left?" I asked. "Derik brought me along on a job." Isabella said and I nodded at that.

My eyes shifted to Derik at a separate table eating with Lyric. Lyric was smiling as she talked to him. "There had been hybrid sighting and we went and investigated and like predicted ambushed by hybrids," Isabella started as Angel came back over to listen to Isabella's story of her encounter with The First.

"A big hellhound appeared. Huge and the hybrids feared it. It attacked me and Pexhar appeared and fought it off. And he took off and brought the hybrids with him." Isabella said. 'Least Isabella is ok and that's all that matters to me and finding The First.' I nodded in agreement.

"What was Pexhar doing there?" Nico asked. "Satan sent him after our connection was cut. Even Pexhar believed it was The First." Isabella said and Nico nodded. "So The First is a ancient hellhound?" Nico asked. Isabella nodded. "Start from there." Nico said and Isabella nodded at that.

"I'll talk to Satan about that." Isabella said and Nico nodded. "So you didn't come out hurt right?" I asked Isabella. 'It is good to be concerned about her.' "Yeah I'm fine." Isabella answered looking at Maryse who laid underneath her chair at the table. "So looks like we have a solid lead on The First." Nico said.

Isabella nodded and she looked happy. "So what are you doing today?" I asked Isabella. "Defiantly not hunting." Isabella said and Nico snickered at that earning a glare from Isabella. "Probably going to work on some drawings." Isabella said and I nodded at that.

Isabella went to her steak, bacon and cheese grinder and went to eating it. I had a pepperoni one and it was good. Next to Isabella's grinder was a bottle of strawberry milk and I had a small bottle of water next to me. 'Food at the university actually isn't that bad. Better then Greenburg high school.'

I nodded in agreement with that. It defiantly wasn't my mother's food or Flimur's, but it was good and that's all that mattered to me. Food that tasted good was what mattered to me when I was eating. Not crappy dry grinders that made me want to go vegan.

I wouldn't even survive as a vegan. I was a werewolf and it was a werewolves nature to eat meat. But that's how bad Greenburg's grinders were. They put too much funds in the education for smart boards and very little in school lunch which they should be putting funds into.

'Yes which is why after awhile you began bringing lunch to school instead.' But I didn't do that here. I either ate the lunch here, had lunch at the dorm or ate out which wasn't that bad. Or ate the care packages that my mother sent full of good snacks and food.

Last care package had a macaroni casserole. It was really good and we ate it for two days straight no less. Yeah it was delicious though. After finishing up my grinder I downed my water and looked over at Isabella who was drinking her strawberry milk. She had finished her grinder too.

"I'll see you two later." Isabella said as she grabbed her bag and Maryse's leash. "See you at the dorm." Angel said with a small smile waving bye to her. Nico picked her up to bring here. No one really said anything since she looked like a college student.

'Which did work in Nico's advantage.' 'But no one knows her age or her birthday so yeah.' Nico gave her a birthday and they took a guess she was in her late teens or very early twenties somewhere around there. From seventeen to twenty one was their guess.

Isabella and I exited the café and headed out to her mustang. Derik had left by then with Lyric at his arm. "Mind if I stay in your dorm with you?" I asked. Isabella glanced up. "Yeah, I don't care." Isabella said as we got to her mustang and I got in the passenger seat.