:Chapter 38:

:Dalton:

"Silver Lake meadows. According to the website the dog-wolf was the size of a horse and had glowing red eyes." Nico said and I nodded. Nico found a lead and Isabella and I were going to be checking it out today.

I was waiting on Isabella to arrive. Then we'd be off to see what had happened there. Maybe even find a good clue on The First and eliminate the threat. 'Silver Lake meadows. It's a park out there next to a beautiful lake. It got it's name when the full moon glimmers on the lake and it reflects silver.'

Sounded quite beautiful. Couldn't wait to go there now, all that had to happen was for Isabella to get here and then we'd leave. I had no doubt that Isabella would have weapons. In case some hybrids decided to pay a visit which would probably happen.

'Yes hybrids seem to like visiting us when we do things like this.' Yes I had noticed it. They seemed to enjoy popping up we investigated things like this. Once we defeated The First we'd no longer have to worry about any hybrids trying to attack us.

Take out The First and then they had no leader. 'No purpose anymore. Once their leader is dead they have no one to help them. They know how to be a werewolf, but not a hellhound. So they will be the destruction of themselves.' I nodded in agreement with Ash that would be their destruction.

They had no idea what they were doing when they agreed to become hybrids. Pretty much signed their death contract. Isabella wouldn't let them live at all as they were a danger to the world. Even more than regular rogues were, they had the power of a hellhound and didn't know how to use it.

So it was only humane to put them down. 'They would go on killing sprees no doubt about it.' "I'm still trying to decode what Lucas said. It doesn't make sense. Derik is actually bringing Lyric over." Nico said and I tilted my head to the side.

"What for?" I asked. "Lyric is apparently good at solving some riddles. Well phrases as she makes them all the time with her writing career. Lyric agreed to try, but told me not to get my hopes up." Nico said. I nodded. "They'll be coming with Isabella." Nico said.

I nodded. "Angel is also applying her dominance skills here. To not try to dominate Lyric as she has a submissive position. If she can't handle it I'll take her out before Derik tries to rip her throat out over Lyric then I'll have to defend Angel and we don't need that." Nico said.

'Angel does have a dominance problems and Lyric does seem quite submissive. She holds her head down and doesn't make eye contact.' Yes Ash had noticed that. If Lyric wasn't Derik's mate Ash would no doubt try to dominate her and see her push away in submission.

But Ash has respect for Aki and prefers not to get in a fight with him over his mate. My iPhone vibrated and I looked at the text message. Isabella was outside. "They're outside, I'll go get them." I told Nico who nodded as I got up and headed to the door.

Walking out into the outside I looked up at Isabella's mustang that was in the driveway. Fresh white snow surrounded the driveway, but not in it. The doors opened and the three of them stepped out. Lyric instantly went to Derik. 'See submissive and gets comfort from Derik and Aki.'

Lyric was fascinated by Aki's existence. Isabella looked over at me. Her pistols were in her thigh holsters. Derik came up and I motioned them in and Isabella stepped in. Isabella wore leather pants, a Harley Quinn shirt and a thicker black jacket. "Where's your denim jacket?" I asked and Isabella looked at me.

"Being washed. Caesar got drool all over it so it's being washed so I just grabbed this." Isabella said stepping in. 'The denim jacket looks way better on her.' I simply led Isabella in while Derik went to where Nico was waiting with his notebook out.